Turn on thread page Beta

I hate university watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Electing to spend three years of your life in an environment that you "hate" sounds decidedly passive-aggressive to me.
    There's a hell of a lot of us who wouldn't go given the choice. I explored every avenue before settling on university as the least worst option. 3 years stuck in uni depresses the hell out of me, but I need that slip of paper that comes with it, so you gotta do what you've gotta do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmAStegosaurus)
    I'm also going into third year and not having the best time either - will this be the last year of your course? I'm in the same boat on the friends front, too; having tried my best, I haven't had a great deal of success! But, having seen a counsellor for a while due to problems both at home and at uni, we've decided that the best tack to take is to simply work as hard as possible, get the best marks possible, and make a fresh start after uni. Would you consider doing this, and, like me, perhaps not worrying so much about friendships? Who knows, if you start not caring about making friends, like-minded people might naturally come along and befriend you, and if not, well, you didn't care anyway!

You're right, people can still behave quite immaturely at uni - I've found that at my uni too - but it's a time when everyone's trying to be as fun and interesting as possible and sometimes this can manifest itself in what seems like immature behaviour! I'm hoping that once I get into the grown-up world outside of uni, things will change, but for the time being, maybe you could join a society that more mature students might choose, like a meditation society or book club, if anything like that is up your street? I'm joining my uni's 'Mindful Society' this year which I hope will allow me to meet like-minded people; is there any society at your uni that you think like-minded people might attend?

Do you have plans for after uni that you can start getting excited about to keep you motivated? If not, you could start making some plans and thinking of career ideas. Hope you feel better soon!
    this helped so much!!! Yeah I like the idea of starting fresh after uni. Maybe I can survive another 2 years!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As for societies I live so far away that it doesn't really work out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear you don't like it, but as you like your course and you're now in your third year, I'd advise you to just stick it out until the end. I'm sure you'll meet loads more friends once you've left.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.