Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've chosen al liss w alkilab and kindil um hashim . Because they are based on a story which is easier for me. You can watch the movies for both to have an idea but do not rely on them because the book will help you with ur essay also it has more stuff stuff going on in the book than the story. For any questions don't hesitate to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miminfl)
    I've chosen al liss w alkilab and kindil um hashim . Because they are based on a story which is easier for me. You can watch the movies for both to have an idea but do not rely on them because the book will help you with ur essay also it has more stuff stuff going on in the book than the story. For any questions don't hesitate to ask
    We are doing al liss wal kilaab too.

Do you know where I can find the movie?

How are you revising for it? Past papers?

Do you have any notes for the characters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I can put the link on YouTube for the movie that's where I watched it: https://youtu.be/pvy2BiWK-aY
    My mom is tutoring me and I usually read the book because it talks abut the characters especially sa3eed mahran(main character) so I revise by making notes from the book and write essays from past papers then my mom marks it for me to improve. I also look at the exam reports because they show students essays that's written from each past paper ( in edexcel website ) so that I have an idea what to write and see whether I'm writing the essay in good quality ( comparing basically )
    Yes, I make my notes using the book , and in the book there is notes on each character.
    I read the book twice with my mom because it's near exam time

ReputationRep:
    Yes I can put the link on YouTube for the movie that's where I watched it: https://youtu.be/pvy2BiWK-aY
    My mom is tutoring me and I usually read the book because it talks abut the characters especially sa3eed mahran(main character) so I revise by making notes from the book and write essays from past papers then my mom marks it for me to improve. I also look at the exam reports because they show students essays that's written from each past paper ( in edexcel website ) so that I have an idea what to write and see whether I'm writing the essay in good quality ( comparing basically )
    Yes, I make my notes using the book , and in the book there is notes on each character.
    I read the book twice with my mom because it's near exam time
    Thanks, I'll watch it later.

I see, you must be very lucky then. It's much harder for us non-arabs lol. Thanks for the advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kinda lucky , because I'm not very fluent in writing, i only speak fluent, so I struggle to write essays because I haven't done arabic since I moved to the uk, I forgot everything , I admit it's a hard language -and anytime

ReputationRep:
    Kinda lucky , because I'm not very fluent in writing, i only speak fluent, so I struggle to write essays because I haven't done arabic since I moved to the uk, I forgot everything , I admit it's a hard language -and anytime
    Well I had to learn it from scratch lol. Im the opposite, I cant speak fluently. Writing and reading is okay though. Yeh it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ahmed2)
    Well I had to learn it from scratch lol. Im the opposite, I cant speak fluently. Writing and reading is okay though. Yeh it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's really good, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I'm doing both the AS and the A2 Arabic this year and was wondering do we have to have read the books to be able to answer the essays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salehah1)
    Hi there!

I'm doing both the AS and the A2 Arabic this year and was wondering do we have to have read the books to be able to answer the essays?
    Same here, for the A2 exam you will have to read one of the books. An essat question will be based on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello, yes you have to read 2 books because you get to choose two essays from several options of u look at the past papers you'll get what I mean and I got kindil um hashim and aliss w alkilab to write abut

ReputationRep:
    Same here, for the A2 exam you will have to read one of the books. An essat question will be based on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think you read one of the books because you have to answer to two questions , each question has a and b , you get to pick one of them.
    You always get questions on the history of Arabs , (not sure if there is a book about that ) the culture and art of Arabs , social culture of Arabs , then stories about Alish w alkilab , kindil um hashim , and kilya&dumna the last three questions books are available but I'm not sure abut the first three just to let you Knw

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you read one of the books because you have to answer to two questions , each question has a and b , you get to pick one of them.
    You always get questions on the history of Arabs , (not sure if there is a book about that ) the culture and art of Arabs , social culture of Arabs , then stories about Alish w alkilab , kindil um hashim , and kilya&dumna the last three questions books are available but I'm not sure abut the first three just to let you Knw
    As far as I know, there are two sections for the essay question. One of the questions will be based on arab culture etc and the other will be based on one of the three available books. For eg al-liss wal killab will have two questions to choose from and if you have chosen that book then you will only do one of those questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, there are two sections for the essay question. One of the questions will be based on arab culture etc and the other will be based on one of the three available books. For eg al-liss wal killab will have two questions to choose from and if you have chosen that book then you will only do one of those questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes that's right, you can choose 2 different questions from 2 two topics or text, or ( one topic and one text ) sorry I didn't read the spec properly

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's right, you can choose 2 different questions from 2 two topics or text, or ( one topic and one text ) sorry I didn't read the spec properly
    That's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help. Also, are you all attending classess to prepare or self studying?

If you're self studying, how are you preparing?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help. Also, are you all attending classess to prepare or self studying?

If you're self studying, how are you preparing?
    We have to do as&a2 arabic as part of our course so we have a teacher teaching us, roughy 4.5hours per week.

In addition to that I am also going through some past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay, inshaAllah you do well. All the best 😊
    Likewise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So what do you guys predict AS part c essay would be about? I looked at all the questions from all the AS papers and realised that everything mentioned in the spec came apart from pollution if you get what I mean? So I advise you guys to read through articles about pollutions just incase it comes up

ReputationRep:
    So what do you guys predict AS part c essay would be about? I looked at all the questions from all the AS papers and realised that everything mentioned in the spec came apart from pollution if you get what I mean? So I advise you guys to read through articles about pollutions just incase it comes up
    I haven't completed them all yet, thanks for the heads up though

Any good resources for that?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't completed them all yet, thanks for the heads up though

Any good resources for that?
    No problem , this website is good for having ideas of reasons why pollution is caused http://mawdoo3.com/تصنيف:التلوث_البيئي
    And also in the purple as book "the arabic season" read from pages 146 till 159. It's only a prediction.
    I hope it doesn't come up because I'm not good with using scientific arabic words :/ good luck for exams.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2017

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.