Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edenmoffatt)
    how did you get on haha, any tips?
    My interviews tomorrow! Haha god help me😑 When's yours?

ReputationRep:
    Seen people at interviews yesterday and a lot of nervous looking parents !
    Hope they went okay everyone ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me if there is somewhere for partners / parents to wait?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mssmuppet)
    Can someone tell me if there is somewhere for partners / parents to wait?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They can wait on the ground floor. There is a cafe in the MBC where they get a bite to eat or a drink of coffee etc and then plenty of comfy seats and tables.
    Your interviews are downstairs in the clinical area of the MBC building to your left as you walk in.
    There are signs to direct you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannon_donn)
    Hey would u be able to give me any tips? Did they ask you why you wanna do nursing or anything about your personal statement? Also what kind of role plays did u have to take part in where the scenerios hard what topic where the scenerios?? And how many stations where they did they ask any questions on your skills and qualities? Or like why you think numeracy or literacy important etc??? Or was it all scenerio and role plays??
    People are not meant to pass on what the questions were or what the scenarios were. The first ones in didn't know so it's unfair if you do because your interview wasn't first.
    That is a lot of questions for someone to answer. You don't get hints or to know what's going to happen in reality in nursing and that's what the interviews are trying to illustrate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviant182)
    People are not meant to pads on what the questions were or what the scenarios were. The first ones in didn't know so it's unfair of you do because your interview wasn't first.
    That is a lot of questions for someone to answer. You don't get hints or to know what's going to happen in reality in nursing and that's what the interviews are trying to illustrate.
    I understand it has to be fair for each candidate sorry if I over asked lol just nervous , Basically all I'm querying is at mmi can it be usually all focusedon role plays and scenerios to identify how candidates preform under pressure, and their skills and attributes? Or do universities have to mix it up and ask you questions on why you want to do the nursing course rather than all role plays or scenarios? If that is something your not able to answer I understand sorry for over asking previously thanks for your response any help is greatly appreciated thanks

ReputationRep:
    They can wait upstairs. There is a cafe in the MBC where they get a bite to eat or a drink of coffee etc and then plenty of comfy seats and tables.
    Your interviews are downstairs in the clinical area of the MBC building to your right as you walk in.
    There are signs to direct you.
    Thank you ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannon_donn)
    I understand it has to be fair for each candidate sorry if I over asked lol just nervous , Basically all I'm querying is at mmi can it be usually all focusedon role plays and scenerios to identify how candidates preform under pressure, and their skills and attributes? Or do universities have to mix it up and ask you questions on why you want to do the nursing course rather than all role plays or scenarios? If that is something your not able to answer I understand sorry for over asking previously thanks for your response any help is greatly appreciated thanks
    The MMIs are based on real life scenarios that can be applied to nursing.
    You're not a nurse yet so how are you meant to know what it's like being a nurse in a high pressure environment? Or what a nurse would do etc...?
    Some are role plays / scenarios and others you will just sit in a chair and be asked a question and you answer it as best you can.
    Asking people to give you the answers and what the questions are is unfair to all parties involved in the interviews.
    Personally I think they're better than the face to face ones as too many people were rehearsing answers etc and it was very obvious. You then don't get an overall picture of what the person is like, just a rehearsed one. And in life they are no rehearsals!
    Everyone is nervous so try not to worry. The interviewers understand that and do make allowances for such. But do remember you're applying for a course where you're going to learn the right answer and what to do..the interview isn't testing you on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I'm a first year nursing student in university of Ulster magee and honestly I can tell yous that universities allow for nerves..I mean if you weren't a little nervous there would be something wrong. Goodluck to everyone😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonbrophy1)
    Hey everyone, I'm a first year nursing student in university of Ulster magee and honestly I can tell yous that universities allow for nerves..I mean if you weren't a little nervous there would be something wrong. Goodluck to everyone😊
    Do you like it in Magee? I've done an interview and if I don't get into queens I'm thinking it's probably my second option!

ReputationRep:
    The MMIs are based on real life scenarios that can be applied to nursing.
    You're not a nurse yet so how are you meant to know what it's like being a nurse in a high pressure environment? Or what a nurse would do etc...?
    Some are role plays / scenarios and others you will just sit in a chair and be asked a question and you answer it as best you can.
    Asking people to give you the answers and what the questions are is unfair to all parties involved in the interviews.
    Personally I think they're better than the face to face ones as too many people were rehearsing answers etc and it was very obvious. You then don't get an overall picture of what the person is like, just a rehearsed one. And in life they are no rehearsals!
    Everyone is nervous so try not to worry. The interviewers understand that and do make allowances for such. But do remember you're applying for a course where you're going to learn the right answer and what to do..the interview isn't testing you on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I appreciate that it isn't fair to ask for the actual questions asked/ answers but could you expand on what type of questions are asked e.g. are they competency based (so looking for technical knowledge/ skill via examples) or are they mo about your personal attributes?

Thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2016

University open days

1. Queen's University Belfast
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 6 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.