Turn on thread page Beta

Don't Be fooled by the muslims and jews, listen to Darwin watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miltosvistos)
    I think we are the most intelligent.
    I believe the universe is teeming with life, but not intelligent life -fish, insects,etc.
    We are a freak accident of Evolution.
    sharks have been around for 400 million years, and they are not more intelligent that what they used to be.
    We are far too easily manipulated, to be the most intelligent in the universe. We did not create nature, and that is very diverse and intelligent.

...sorry i can't let goes of the intelligence bit, we're amazing, but, there something even more so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM713)
    We are far too easily manipulated, to be the most intelligent in the universe. We did not create nature, and that is very diverse and intelligent.

...sorry i can't let goes of the intelligence bit, we're amazing, but, there something even more so.
    We would have been much much more advanced without religion.
    I hope in the future humanity will finally progress beyond religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Someone who actually believed what he was saying would know that Darwin had nothing to do with the theory of abiogenesis. He proposed the theory of evolution by natural selection, but had no idea how life started, nor ever attempted to address that question.
    I like you, let's be friends.

ReputationRep:
    We would have been much much more advanced without religion.
    I hope in the future humanity will finally progress beyond religion.
    Again agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jared44)
    I like you, let's be friends.
    Well, I don't know much about you yet, but we're off to a good start.

ReputationRep:
    all religions are human inventions, and they are all nothing but fairytales.
    the truth is there is no god.or gods. there were never any.
    no one created us.
    we merely evolved from earlier species.
    we are animals. just like all animals. intelligent albeit animals.
    Although we're not animals I couldn't agree more!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The evidence cannot be denied.
    We evolved from ape like ancestors millions of years ago.
    If you'd go back enough generations backwards, your ancestors were apes,fish,bacteria.
    There is no god.
    The universe started in a big bang 13.82 Billion years go, and has been expanding ever since.
    No god created the big bang, it happened due to the laws of physics.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm glad we cleared that up. Just think all those people for the past two thousand years who missed out because Miltosvistos wasn't around to tell them there was no God.

ReputationRep:
    There is no god.
    There never was any.
    We, as the great Charles Darwin
    ( which was the greatest thinker of all time in my opinion) proved, like all living organisms evolved from a single common ancestor ( a single celled bacteria ) through billions of years, by means of the magnificent process of natural selection.
    We are nothing but primates . We are a bunch of apes walking around aimelessly, on an insignificant tiny planet in an infinite universe.
    As there is no god, nothing is forbidden.
    All religious laws and taboos are inventions of people.
    Don't listen to the jews and muslims, and enjoy your life.
    There is no afterlife. We only live once and then... well, how to put it nicely, were dead forever.
    So listen to me, instead if waisting your life on religion and appeasing sn imaginary god just enjoy life, because remember we only live once.
    Firstly, how do you prove that there is no God? You can't. That is because a faith in God is just that. A faith. A belief in something that we cannot see, hear or measure scientifically. A faith is something that you feel in your bones is true.

A significant number of religious people do believe in evolution. We just don't see how life could have started from nothing.

We are primates. The Earth is small (relatively speaking) and the universe is mind-mindbogglingly big.

Religion tends to forbid stuff that is either bad for us (like abusing alcohol and drugs) or bad for society (like murder, theft, selfishness etc.). It also compels people to live a life that benefits others, not just themselves. Explain to me how this is a bad thing.

I happen to enjoy my life very much. I love the work I do, I love my friends and family, and I love to read and learn. I do not feel the need to drink, smoke, use drugs, go clubbing or negatively impact the lives of other people to have a good time. I am a Christian, not a Jew or a Muslim.

How do you prove that there is no afterlife? You cannot. You merely believe that this is true.

I don't believe that I am wasting my life on religion. It provides me with comfort, and a guide on how to live a good life. I do enjoy my life.

Just remember: Darwin was not an atheist. If you read his works, you will see that he never argued against the existence of God.

P.S. Learn how to proofread and use spell check. Your written English is dreadful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Firstly, how do you prove that there is no God? You can't. That is because a faith in God is just that. A faith. A belief in something that we cannot see, hear or measure scientifically. A faith is something that you feel in your bones is true.

A significant number of religious people do believe in evolution. We just don't see how life could have started from nothing.

We are primates. The Earth is small (relatively speaking) and the universe is mind-mindbogglingly big.

Religion tends to forbid stuff that is either bad for us (like abusing alcohol and drugs) or bad for society (like murder, theft, selfishness etc.). It also compels people to live a life that benefits others, not just themselves. Explain to me how this is a bad thing.

I happen to enjoy my life very much. I love the work I do, I love my friends and family, and I love to read and learn. I do not feel the need to drink, smoke, use drugs, go clubbing or negatively impact the lives of other people to have a good time. I am a Christian, not a Jew or a Muslim.

How do you prove that there is no afterlife? You cannot. You merely believe that this is true.

I don't believe that I am wasting my life on religion. It provides me with comfort, and a guide on how to live a good life. I do enjoy my life.

Just remember: Darwin was not an atheist. If you read his works, you will see that he never argued against the existence of God.

P.S. Learn how to proofread and use spell check. Your written English is dreadful.
    what utter crock.

ReputationRep:
    I don't claim to know everything about Darwin, but what I do know, I strongly believe. I have absolutely nothing against any person with religious views, but my personal opinion is that religion is similar to magic in the sense that it was just something to fill the "what did that" void. Then became more complex over the hundreds of years... Darwins theories can be backed up with evidence. As far as I'm aware, religions continue due to the fact that the cannot be disproven. The opposite of science!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saint-Saens)
    what utter crock.
    How do you know? That was the simplest way I could think of to explain a faith. It is something that you believe to be true due to the feeling in your soul. It is sort of like your moral compass, and guides what you do.

ReputationRep:

Religious people like you are the reason humanity isn't fulfilling it's potential.
    Your religion and all religions are nothing but fairy tales.
    Science however is based on experiments and facts.
    Your religion is based on superstition and ignorance of the universe.
    Keep believing in a fairy tale and in your imaginary god , that doesn't exist.
    And my English doesn't matter, what matters is my message.

ReputationRep:

You don't need to prove there's no god, just as you don't need to prove unicorns exist or you don't need to prove that you didn't commit a crime. If you're making a claim then the ownus is on you to prove it. Other wise it's just that - a claim. Faith in something we cannot see, hear or measure is moronic.

Btw, religion forbids stuff that was viewed as wrong in the opinion of whoever it was that wrote it. Unless you're saying homosexuality is bad for people and society or that slitting an animals throat and letting it bleed to death is good for society and ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    The problem with people who talk about the works and theories of people who they have never read is that they are likely to make themselves look foolish, particularly when they set up religion and science as polar opposites. They just end up showing that they know very little about either.

Ironically, if you read Darwin's letters he denounced people extrapolating from his works (e.g. he clearly disagreed with people using his theories of natural selection to justify their mistreatment of industrial workers in the early 1860s). Likewise, to the person above who said God did not create the big bang, the person who came up with the ideas of a big bang and an expanding universe was a Roman Catholic priest (Georges Lemaître).

This may come as a shock to some people but people are quite capable of believing in God and science simultaneously without it being a contradiction (blasphemy I know!). In fact, there is a strong tradition stretching back before the Enlightenment where people used science to better understand the 'majesty' of God (i.e. they thought if they better understood how the world worked they were closer to God).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    The problem with people who talk about the works and theories of people who they have never read is that they are likely to make themselves look foolish, particularly when they set up religion and science as polar opposites. They just end up showing that they know very little about either.

Ironically, if you read Darwin's letters he denounced people extrapolating from his works (e.g. he clearly disagreed with people using his theories of natural selection to justify their mistreatment of industrial workers in the early 1860s). Likewise, to the person above who said God did not create the big bang, the person who came up with the ideas of a big bang and an expanding universe was a Roman Catholic priest (Georges Lemaître).

This may come as a shock to some people but people are quite capable of believing in God and science simultaneously without it being a contradiction (blasphemy I know!). In fact, there is a strong tradition stretching back before the Enlightenment where people used science to better understand the 'majesty' of God (i.e. they thought if they better understood how the world worked they were closer to God).
    Don't make laugh,please.
    Evolution and the big bang prove there is no god.
    Certainly it disproves the god of christianity,islam and judaism, which is an old bearded man sitting on a cloud, who cares at what day you work and what you eat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vis break)
    explained based god then
    Can't be done. Lil B if you're reading this I love you, please make love to my ex.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Why not just 'the religious' - why 'the muslims and the jews' specifically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Why not just 'the religious' - why 'the muslims and the jews' specifically?
    Because the Christians are losing their numbers.
    And Christianity is the least harmful religion amongst the monotheistic at least in modern times.
    But I am talking about ALL religions including Buddhism and Hinduism.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Because the Christians are losing their numbers.
    And Christianity is the least harmful religion amongst the monotheistic at least in modern times.
    But I am talking about ALL religions including Buddhism and Hinduism.
    I'd say that Judaism is also quite harmless assuming you mean in the sense that the religion suppresses scientific thought. Buddhism too.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.