Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I'm wondering if it beats the girl who said she was 16 dating a 33yo.

Any advance on that bid?
    If your 16 you should be playing with colouring pencils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    I don't think he's old enough tbh :erm:
    :rofl: Oh gosh. >.<

(Original post by Docjones1)
    If you're happy. Who gives a ****?
    That advice is honestly really silly. Just bc someone may be happy, it doesn't mean that they should continue doing something which shouldn't be considered as acceptable.

(Original post by flowerbaby143)
    Well we haven't been seeing each other that long so I can't really answer that yet... and not yet.... and yes he does
    also he's divorced has two children, I haven't told my family or friends about him and I don't think he has either
    Surely you both realise that it's semi-wrong/something if you haven't told anyone about it? ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I'm wondering if it beats the girl who said she was 16 dating a 33yo.

Any advance on that bid?
    I've got one!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-10496761.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Just say he's your daddy.
    Nah he might get turned on.

ReputationRep:
    Just tread with caution-he might just want a "trophy girlfriend"

ReputationRep:
    Tom Daley is 20 and is dating someone in his 40s. As long as he is not exploiting you in anyway, you feel comfortable and the relationship is consensual then who am I to judge? You will have to accept that you will face prejudice, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Dear lord these pedo threads never fail to make me feel ill.

What do you expect us to say...?

It's pretty wrong...?
    It's pretty wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Well we haven't been seeing each other that long so I can't really answer that yet... and not yet.... and yes he does
    also he's divorced has two children, I haven't told my family or friends about him and I don't think he has either
    soooo... his children are the same age as you. Not creepy at all. But whatever feels right for you i guess

ReputationRep:
    If he makes you happy and he's not doing it just for kicks then go for it - age is just a number right. 😉 plus he has more experience than the guys your age

ReputationRep:
    He's good looking, successful and i've always been attracted to older guys, - I'm NOT a slut btw.. i don't ust get with anyone I'm actually extremely picky

i'm not sure if he's too old... what do you guys think? and how can I tell my family and friends about him, I havent told anyone

also its quite awkward sometimes going out with him for dinner etc. People stare at us..
    By today's standards, he is old enough to be your great great grandad

ReputationRep:
    He's good looking, successful and i've always been attracted to older guys, - I'm NOT a slut btw.. i don't ust get with anyone I'm actually extremely picky

i'm not sure if he's too old... what do you guys think? and how can I tell my family and friends about him, I havent told anyone

also its quite awkward sometimes going out with him for dinner etc. People stare at us..
    Of course this doesn't make you a slut. But 42 years old? He's old enough to be your dad. And if a 42 year old man is dating an 18 year old, you really have to question - why me? And it's probably because he's using you to make himself feel that he's not getting old, he's still young, hip etc. And what's worse is that this man could end up being controlling and even abusive due to the age gap - he has a more sense of control and you'll depend on him more because he's the adult and you're still a little girl in his eyes.

No one on here can say you shouldn't see this person, all they can do is warn you. But you need to tell your family and friends because your feelings might be overriding the true picture in this situation. They know you better than anyone else on here, they know what's best for you. Especially tell your parents, if they say it's wrong and you shouldn't see him - you should take that advice into high consideration.

Of course people are gonna stare at you aha they think they're seeing a dad and daughter hanging out, but they soon realise it's a date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    :rofl: Oh gosh. >.<

That advice is honestly really silly. Just bc someone may be happy, it doesn't mean that they should continue doing something which shouldn't be considered as acceptable.

Surely you both realise that it's semi-wrong/something if you haven't told anyone about it? ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fine

"She's happy and she's not hurting anyone else so who gives a ****" - better?

ReputationRep:
    With regards to yourself, don't let society constrain your choice of partner.

With regards to him, good on him in the sense of nailing an 18 year old but it's kind of sad that he's not married at this point.

ReputationRep:
    You deserve better I think.

However, don't let my opinion or other peoples' opinions affect you and your choices.

ReputationRep:
    http://d2ws0xxnnorfdo.cloudfront.net/meme/198209
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    If he makes you happy and he's not doing it just for kicks then go for it - age is just a number right. 😉 plus he has more experience than the guys your age
    Nice try Muhammad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr JB)
    Nice try Muhammad.
    haha at least it worked for him.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol stop bringing religion into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not Anonymous)
    Of course this doesn't make you a slut. But 42 years old? He's old enough to be your dad. And if a 42 year old man is dating an 18 year old, you really have to question - why me? And it's probably because he's using you to make himself feel that he's not getting old, he's still young, hip etc. And what's worse is that this man could end up being controlling and even abusive due to the age gap - he has a more sense of control and you'll depend on him more because he's the adult and you're still a little girl in his eyes.
    Or he just genuinely likes her and sees her as the consenting adult that she is. A persons age has nothing to do with how abusive or controlling they might be. I could argue that it could be seen as the other way round. That because he is older and more controlled he has more experience in dealing with his emotion therefor less likely to strike out in anger etc. I'm not saying I think this is necessarily true, just that you can't make assumptions based on age.

Personality and maturity isnt always due to age. Just because she is 18 doesn't mean that he sees her as being childish. And without knowing her as a person how can we know that she would put up with being controlled anyway.

Personally I wouldn't date someone that much older but it does happen and if you make each other happy then that's all that matters. If your family loves you they should accept it wether they agree with it or not.

ReputationRep:
    if your sexes where reversed Id say go for it ... therefore go for it

ReputationRep:

How did you two even meet?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2015
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.