Turn on thread page Beta

Is Jeremy Corbyn really that extreme? watch

ReputationRep:
    He's like a 6th form student that hasn't grown up.

But a lot more calculatingly dangerous. An absolute danger to our country which is why he will never be P.M and won't even be contesting the next election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunken Bard)
    Please tell me you aren't serious.

Corbyn's views on international relations are just warped.

Who in their right mind would abandon all of our western allies?

People criticise UKIP for wanting to leave Europe, but love Corbyn for wanting to abandon ALL of our western allies.

How in any world does that work?
    when did he say that? ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meninism)
    I don't support bombing the ME either but stuff like disarming Trident is a bad idea esp. with threats like Russia
    I think - I'm no expert here, admittedly - that there are plenty of ideals Corbyn holds that he won't try to bring about. I don't think he'll try to remove TRIDENT. I think he might try to argue that taxpayer money is better spent on *not renewing it*, but frankly I think he's far more likely to compromise as Labour leader than he was as fairly anonymous backbencher.

I agree that national security is an issue, but equally don't think that the government is currently taking the best steps to ensure that.

ReputationRep:
    why
    the current tory government is a threat to
    - our human rights
    - our privacy
    - my (and others) education
    - my family (my mothers primary income is DLA)
    - millions of other disabled peoples lives
    - our health service
    - safety of our land (allowing fracking to destroy it)
    - safety of our farmers livelihood
    - survival of millions of refugees

possibly more but yeah its a great idea to scare the entire population of corbyn!

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me you aren't serious.

Corbyn's views on international relations are just warped.

Who in their right mind would abandon all of our western allies?

People criticise UKIP for wanting to leave Europe, but love Corbyn for wanting to abandon ALL of our western allies.

How in any world does that work?
    where on earth did you hear this? any sources? (other than right wing scaremongering)

ReputationRep:
    Take the blindfold off. Amazes me how people can overlook some of the policies this guy has and the views he has expressed during his lifetime purely because he is left wing. They even attempt to take the moral high ground while doing so. Look at who he has appointed as his shadow chancellor ffs. An insult to the nation.

ReputationRep:
    This hyperbole is why I wish TSR had negs
    You have to be really ****ing stupid to be offended by satire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citydeer)
    where on earth did you hear this? any sources? (other than right wing scaremongering)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-policies.html

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...leader-trident

It's no secret Corbyn wants to leave NATO, which would literally have no benefits whatsoever.

What would he rather? Us buddy up with Putin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe-fuller)
    You have to be really ****ing stupid to be offended by satire.
    Ah the typical left wing response, screaming that other people are offended when actually we all know that lefties are the most oversensitive people in the UK. FYI people are allowed to have right wing ideas and disagree with you and he even said he's a leftie. I can see why half of Labour is resigning with all these extremists in lmfao. Brb pointing out hyperbole is "being offended".

Also, you have to be really ****ing stupid to claim that size 20 can be healthy (I saw your posts on the body shaming thread, just LOL) and that saying otherwise is "body shaming"

ReputationRep:
    No he is not extreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightWingRight)
    Ah the typical left wing response, screaming that other people are offended when actually we all know that lefties are the most oversensitive people in the UK. FYI people are allowed to have right wing ideas and disagree with you and he even said he's a leftie. I can see why half of Labour is resigning with all these extremists in lmfao. Brb pointing out hyperbole is "being offended".

Also, you have to be really ****ing stupid to claim that size 20 can be healthy (I saw your posts on the body shaming thread, just LOL) and that saying otherwise is "body shaming"
    Yeah too right left wing people are sensitive. Too right we care about inequality and injustice. I don't see being sensitive as an insult, if it means I have compassion and empathy for other people.
    The issue of body shaming is completely separate to this. Maybe you misinterpreted, I didn't necessarily mean it was healthy, my line of argument is that it is literally NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS.

ReputationRep:
    He's an extremist who wants to make us like Switzerland, out of NATO, out of the EU and with no nuclear weapons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    He's an extremist who wants to make us like Switzerland, out of NATO, out of the EU and with no nuclear weapons.
    He's almost more isolationist than flipping UKIP...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightWingRight)

The point was that her post was obvious satire, not hyperbole, and the other poster was responding to her post as though it expressed opinions she actually held. It was parody, thus justifying the tone.

(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Though I understand that our geopolitical position is hugely different to Switzerland, I think you could have chosen far worse examples of nations to which we might aspire to be like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe-fuller)
    Yeah too right left wing people are sensitive. Too right we care about inequality and injustice. I don't see being sensitive as an insult, if it means I have compassion and empathy for other people.
    The issue of body shaming is completely separate to this. Maybe you misinterpreted, I didn't necessarily mean it was healthy, my line of argument is that it is literally NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS.
    No you're the one calling someone "****ing stupid", you sound much more offended than him :rofl: He was just pointing out your use of hyperbole to make a left wing point, despite your attempt to pass it off as just satire.

FYI I don't think Corbyn is dangerous but denying that you were trying to push the opposite viewpoint makes you look silly. Satire can be used to try and argue something as well as just be funny, and you obviously were. It can also use hyperbole. L'Allegro

Also you did lmao, this was your post. In b4 edit

People at size 20 can be healthy, just like people who are size 6 can be healthy. We're all different.
    You need to stop making ridiculous posts and then trying to backpedal. I'm out.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to feel with Corbyn. I agree with some of his economic policies but then he has a large number of insane ones. Shrinking the military, scrapping Trident, abandoning NATO. I believe we should have an army and military that is ample enough for defence of the nation and its territories to maintain sovereignty. I do however agree that we should stop pretending to be a major military power getting involved in every foreign conflict. We should keep the alliances but not so willingly jump into expensive conflicts that only serve to destabilise many regions around the world. In regards to defence, yes Corbyn is insane.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-policies.html

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...leader-trident

It's no secret Corbyn wants to leave NATO, which would literally have no benefits whatsoever.

What would he rather? Us buddy up with Putin?
    yeah i dont really agree with leaving nato (unless there is an EU defence force to replace it)

however, remember policies dont mean they will come into action if he was elected, (there is a long parliamentary process)

however, i would say the rest of his policies out weight the one or two more extreme ones (and if you look at the first link you posted, the majority of people agree with all but on of the policies stated)

ReputationRep:
    yeah i dont really agree with leaving nato (unless there is an EU defence force to replace it)

however, remember policies dont mean they will come into action if he was elected, (there is a long parliamentary process)

however, i would say the rest of his policies out weight the one or two more extreme ones (and if you look at the first link you posted, the majority of people agree with all but on of the policies stated)
    Yeah, this is the salient point. Corbyn's positions will no doubt be tempered now he's at the forefront of political discourse. That's not to say he'll become bland or that he'll prevaricate: rather, he'll recognize what is politically possible and what isn't.

ReputationRep:
    the current tory government is a threat to
    - our human rights
    - our privacy
    - my (and others) education
    - my family (my mothers primary income is DLA)
    - millions of other disabled peoples lives
    - our health service
    - safety of our land (allowing fracking to destroy it)
    - safety of our farmers livelihood
    - survival of millions of refugees

possibly more but yeah its a great idea to scare the entire population of corbyn!
    None of those diminish our 'general security' (in fact, a few enhance it), which is what you alleged the Tories threatened.

Would you like to try again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    None of those diminish our 'general security' (in fact, a few enhance it), which is what you alleged the Tories threatened.

Would you like to try again?
    security - not an in defence/national security my families security, not from invasion, but to have a stable, secure life - (i used the word general to try and emphasise this, sorry for the confusion) but there is more than one type of security and its a governments job to protect all of these

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.