Turn on thread page Beta

I'm right wing and I think Jeremy Corbyn doesn't pose a threat to national security watch

ReputationRep:
    By the same reasoning, David Cameron is a threat to the education, health, equality and wellbeing of the nation.

It's just scare mongering instead of facing actual issues. Isn't deciding to send in planes to bomb Syria actually a greater "threat" to our nation's security than getting rid of a few submarines, given we have no intention of embarking on a nuclear war - but might actually get retaliatory attacks from a Syrian offensive.

All this waffley rubbish that stops people from debating the real issues about how important these things are and what the literal consequences might be is why politics seems like such fake bull**** to me. A 66 year old man is not a 'threat', he just disagrees on an issue and if you'd rather plaster opponents in emotive language than defend your position versus somebody else's on an important issue like defence, I've got no time for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm336)
    Aren't we plotting to carry out a genocide against ISIS?
    No, we're going to war with them. Big difference. Do learn what genocide is please.

ISIS is a militant group fighting a war, and its fighters and military equipment and bases are all legitimate military targets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    No, we're going to war with them. Big difference. Do learn what genocide is please.
    So we'll leave some of them alone in the desert so they can rule over a tiny bit of land?

ISIS is a militant group fighting a war, and its fighters and military equipment and bases are all legitimate military targets.
    Then they can legitimately attack UK interests. Are you prepared to accept that responsibility?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm336)
    Then they can legitimately attack UK interests. Are you prepared to accept that responsibility?
    We're allowed to take action to prevent exactly that.

Also bear in mind that terrorist attacks abroad often involve civilian targets rather than military ones - the tourist resort in Tunisia, magazine offices in Paris, etc. That is not "legitimate".

They will try to attack UK interests whether we bomb them or not. Might as well do something to keep them in check.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.