Turn on thread page Beta

I HATE PE!!! Is it possible for me to just stay in the toilets? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's exactly what I used to do for two years until somebody secretly grassed me up! :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberwox)
    I'm afraid you're going to have to suck it up my friend.

By the way I think PE sucks too. The teachers were generally ********s and always favoured the sporty athletic attractive types.
    They probably favoured the sporty people because they would actually get involved in PE each lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamspiderman)
    I hated PE. I remember that damn Beep test, I just wanted to die.
    I remember it too and the shame of being told to sit down after about four runs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheetahCurtis)
    They probably favoured the sporty people because they would actually get involved in PE each lesson.
    I wasn't a sporty/attractive person but I got involved. The teachers mainly ignored me because I wasn't 'popular' enough or whatever. They were like that for some reason.

I didn't like PE much but I didn't skive off or anything like that. Picking teams was also a popularity contest.

Personally, I think PE should be optional. The overweight unfit kids always get laughed at or picked on and some people just aren't sport-inclined. Yeah I know I'll get the whole ''but it's healthy/keeps you fit'' bla bla but I think it encourages more bullying and low self-esteem.

Maybe I just went to a crappy school idk
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by pinkteddyx64)
    I remember it too and the shame of being told to sit down after about four runs!
    4 runs? Better than me, I only got 2 or 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't a sporty/attractive person but I got involved. The teachers mainly ignored me because I wasn't 'popular' enough or whatever. They were like that for some reason.

I didn't like PE much but I didn't skive off or anything like that. Picking teams was also a popularity contest.

Personally, I think PE should be optional. The overweight unfit kids always get laughed at or picked on and some people just aren't sport-inclined. Yeah I know I'll get the whole ''but it's healthy/keeps you fit'' bla bla but I think it encourages more bullying and low self-esteem.

Might have just been your school, or mine was strangely nice The teachers liked everyone who tried to get involved every lesson and didn't mess about, whether they were sporty or not. Although at my school us guys were often split into two groups. Like during football the ones who played football regularly (for a team or whatever) would have one game and the others would have a different game. Agree with picking teams though.

I don't think it should be optional, but schools should do more to encourage kids to take part. Don't think any of us want to play rugby on a rainy Monday morning

ReputationRep:
    Welsh school logic:
    *Gets 12 A*s*
    *Doesn't get accepted into Sixth Form for not passing Welsh Bacc*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    just ****ing get on with it. people who won't partake seriously in other sports should be forced to box.

Try standing still sulking like a child when you're being punched repeatedly in the face.
    :yy:

Lol imagine if they made boxing part of the curriculum. PE lessons would be so much more exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Run around and pretend you're playing? Sometimes I was in a group with people I didn't like but I just carried on with the sport because I enjoyed it. I could never fit in with the people who played it at lunch and break times so that was my time to start it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Just put the kit on and do nothing. Worked for us for 5 years in secondary school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    this is from my teacher ''you're very good kid, you bring your kit every lesson but the thing is you dont take part and im not going to have it this year as well'' T_T no winning with him
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by seaholme)
    Just go to PE would be my advice. Hanging around in the toilets is not exactly fun and is clearly going to get you into trouble for skipping stuff. I didn't enjoy PE much either, but it's not going to cost you much to turn up. To be honest when I finally decided to just give it a go and make the best of it, I probably enjoyed it the most.

Besides, exercise in a general sense is a good thing to do. If you don't want to do anything involving other people, maybe ask if you can do something else, like go to the gym and run on a treadmill or something more solitary. Or you can even jog some laps around the field. I got into running in my own time and now I love it, I go running most days. There's a different exercise for everyone.
    i've directly asked him to go to the gym last time and he LIED to me that it was closed, then i ask him where are the missing students? his reply was ''i've let them go to the gym to help out ''john'' because he has social issues as we all know that, it's just that no body seems to accept him socially''
    my school is messed up lmao
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    Jesus stop moaning, it's your last year at school but you're not mature enough to just get on with a task for an hour? They're not going to expect you to play like a pro. "Getting into groups EWWW" mm lovely attitude for both sixth form and future workplace.
    Suck it up, nothing's hurting you, an hour of exercise isn't going to kill you
    exactly what my teacher said, but you know what, i never opted for pe and the people in this lesson have a completely different attitude to sports than i do that they just look down on others. As for future work, i would definitely have a different attitude working with people who like things i do as well, but for sporty competitive people, there's no way i would want to mix with their social groups.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

i agree, PE is a centre for humuliating kids who are not part of the populars, picking teams is the worst form of humiliation.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Xedar)
    Welsh school logic:
    *Gets 12 A*s*
    *Doesn't get accepted into Sixth Form for not passing Welsh Bacc*
    this is why welsh educating system is apparently the lowest out of the others in Britain

(Original post by ihatePE)
    exactly what my teacher said, but you know what, i never opted for pe and the people in this lesson have a completely different attitude to sports than i do that they just look down on others. As for future work, i would definitely have a different attitude working with people who like things i do as well, but for sporty competitive people, there's no way i would want to mix with their social groups.
    You shouldn't really have the choice, it's just exercise and it's good for you and PE should very much be compulsory in a country where obesity is pretty much on the rise - even when you as an individual are thin.
    Maybe you should change your attitude and actually become a bit more optimistic? Throwing a ball down a court to a person you don't usually talk to isn't going to kill you now is it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    Throwing a ball down a court to a person you don't usually talk to isn't going to kill you now is it
    Unless they throw the ball deliberately hard at you so it whacks you in the face and you practically get a broken nose.

Which is what happened to me once because it was someone who didn't like me.

ReputationRep:
    Finally, I have found people who share my opinion. Hated every PE session in high school, so glad that there is no compulsory PE in my Sixth Form. However, while at high school it wasn't a problem closer to the exam period, as I was able not to attend PE due to going to other classes to revise. :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalangel18)
    I guess I had a flare when it came to skipping classes
    'Having a flare' is, co-incidentally, also grounds for being excused from P.E.; just be sure to claim that it's in "an intimate area", lest they decide to call your bluff.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahahahaa I love your username OP you made my day
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Unless they throw the ball deliberately hard at you so it whacks you in the face and you practically get a broken nose.

Which is what happened to me once because it was someone who didn't like me.
    me too, got a basket ball smacking across half of my face, and that ball was not soft at all. And as a person who have self esteem about how my body looks when moving or running or anything like that, standing still is what i prefer to do :/

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.