Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicaa2)
    Thank you all so much for the response! Honestly has helped me a lot! I the thing with the foundation course is that it will take me longer than the 2 years to compete my a levels and then still not get into the course. So then at the end i would of wasted another year. I'm gonna research into Romania universities and see if I can get into the medical course. Otherwise I'm just gonna do biomedicine at uni and then do a postgraduate course to medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you have your heart set on Medicine you should apply to Romanian med shool. One of my best friends has gone there after undergrad and I know another person who has one to Romania after A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stochasticking)
    If you have your heart set on Medicine you should apply to Romanian med shool. One of my best friends has gone there after undergrad and I know another person who has one to Romania after A-Levels.
    Really? Because I just contacted them today and got a reply that my grades are unfortunately not enough to get into the medical school. Do you know by any chance what your friend got for A levels? Thank you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? Because I just contacted them today and got a reply that my grades are unfortunately not enough to get into the medical school. Do you know by any chance what your friend got for A levels? Thank you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know what she got but I would hazard a guess at BBC or something similar. You can either retake your A-Levels and apply abroad or do your degree and apply for graduate entry and abroad. I have another friend studying medicine in the Czech-Replubic after doing bsc neuroscience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stochasticking)
    I don't know what she got but I would hazard a guess at BBC or something similar. You can either retake your A-Levels and apply abroad or do your degree and apply for graduate entry and abroad. I have another friend studying medicine in the Czech-Replubic after doing bsc neuroscience.
    Oh okay that seems reasonable! If nothing works out I'm just going to finish my degree and apply abroad. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do they not accept resit grades??

Yes you are right because I contacted them but because of the grades I got (1 C & 3 D) they said the grades weren't enough. Thank you though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay that seems reasonable! If nothing works out I'm just going to finish my degree and apply abroad. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Stick with the biomedical degree and apply as graduate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want to transfer into medicine for the second year
    No UK University will let you transfer into the 2nd year of a Medicine degree.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, since going to study Medicine at Europe has become more and more popular, it is becoming much tougher getting a place to study Medicine in European Universities. e.g. Latvia. However, most Universities take in students in September as well as February. You could try resisting the A-levels in the winter and apply for a place this February? Something worth looking into I guess.

I got AAB in A level, but unfortunately I didn't get a place in a UK university for Medicine. So I was at a crossroad of either doing biomedical science and then applying to Medicine OR going to Latvia to study medicine. I chose Latvia and it was really one of the best decisions I have made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me28)
    Hey, since going to study Medicine at Europe has become more and more popular, it is becoming much tougher getting a place to study Medicine in European Universities. e.g. Latvia. However, most Universities take in students in September as well as February. You could try resisting the A-levels in the winter and apply for a place this February? Something worth looking into I guess.

I got AAB in A level, but unfortunately I didn't get a place in a UK university for Medicine. So I was at a crossroad of either doing biomedical science and then applying to Medicine OR going to Latvia to study medicine. I chose Latvia and it was really one of the best decisions I have made.
    Thank you so much! But the issue is that there's no more exams in January. All the exams are done in the summer for a levels. So unfortunately I can't do the exams in the winter which is a pain in the back side. I would contact the university and see what options I have. Thank you 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveteddy14)
    Stick with the biomedical degree and apply as graduate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think that's what I will have to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And perhaps resitting the A levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! But the issue is that there's no more exams in January. All the exams are done in the summer for a levels. So unfortunately I can't do the exams in the winter which is a pain in the back side. I would contact the university and see what options I have. Thank you 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, yes do contact them. Even if you can only resit next summer, Europe is worth looking it to. Ofcourse, you can do biomedical science, but again it is extremely competitive to get Medicine after that. If unfortunately you don't get a place, then you have wasted 3 years studying a course you didn't really want to do. Not to mention the money wasted.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've applied for February intake and I was in the same situation as you. I didn't meet the grades so I've applied for Pleven in Bulgaria

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I got rejected from Medicine in August and I applied again to apply for September 2016. I was planning to retake some of the exams to make up for lost grades. I really don't want to get my hopes up again and not get in. I know Pleven do Feb intake from researching. Does anyone know if it is too late to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can try doing a foundation year in medicine or a HND course

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.