Turn on thread page Beta

5*5 programme watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stochasticking)
    Thank you! I do not deadlift or squat enough! Only once a week each.
    At the end of the day that is still better than most but yeah if you want to put on some serious size you will definitely need to put some work into growing your lower body. Most people won't put on 20 pounds of mass on their upper body alone.

I mention that in one of my youtube videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhLRQxLXYQw

ReputationRep:
    How clean do you eat? Nutrition is a HUGE factor when it comes to growth.
    Are you eating well? Are you eating enough?
    If you're not already calculate you're daily recommended intake of macros and start roughly tracking your calories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asurat)
    I did stronglifts 5x5 for about 4 or 5 months of training three times a week (and eating whatever I wanted to frequently) before I got bored and switched.

Stats (one rep maxes):
    DL 60kg-145kg
    Squat 50kg-100kg
    Bench 35kg-72.5kg
    Row 40kg-60kg
    OHP 35kg-45kg

and I went from weighing 61 kg to 69 kg
    Wow that's impressive ! Well done! I'm hoping for something similar !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undead345)
    How clean do you eat? Nutrition is a HUGE factor when it comes to growth.
    Are you eating well? Are you eating enough?
    If you're not already calculate you're daily recommended intake of macros and start roughly tracking your calories
    I'm eating clean, i get roughly around 3000 calories today. I got a mass gainer from ON which is helping I'm putting on just under a kg a week but I think this well be reduced soon. Thanks I'll calculate my daily recommended intake of macros.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's impressive ! Well done! I'm hoping for something similar !
    Tbh I think it was more 67 kilos as that's what I weighed in the mornings. And it's not that much really, I just made sure I increased the amount I ate and followed the programme strictly. I'd just bring an extra lunch box to lunch or have another little meal at the end of the day so not really much at all. Beginner gains are the best gains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asurat)
    Tbh I think it was more 67 kilos as that's what I weighed in the mornings. And it's not that much really, I just made sure I increased the amount I ate and followed the programme strictly. I'd just bring an extra lunch box to lunch or have another little meal at the end of the day so not really much at all. Beginner gains are the best gains.
    I was describing the weight increase. Deadlifting 145 is a lot at 69kg! Yes you only need an extra meal or two and can rack on mass consistently! They're the best kind

ReputationRep:
    I'm eating clean, i get roughly around 3000 calories today. I got a mass gainer from ON which is helping I'm putting on just under a kg a week but I think this well be reduced soon. Thanks I'll calculate my daily recommended intake of macros.
    1kg a week is too much.

1 pound is where you want to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    1kg a week is too much.

1 pound is where you want to be.
    I fasted for a month and then had food poisoning so I think the results are skewed because I wasn't at my natural weight. It should be around a pound now, thanks.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.