Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    tbh I wouldn't bother applying. I got ABBC at AS (A in Maths, B in FM) and didn't get an offer. Plus I had a lot of work experience too.

If I were you I'd go for ABB/BBB courses - you might be able to get offers for those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    Probably 15% 'acceptance rate' as the rest take firm offers at better unis

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh and reject bath completely.
    My questions is I got A*A*B and 1,1.3 in step 1/2/3 and aea distinction. Will I get an unconditional from bath?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BinaryJava)
    Hey there,

I got ACCC at AS levels in maths, further maths, economics and physics. I think I am going to be predicted A*AA, with physics being dropped. My personal statement has the extra maths I have learnt at home so I am very interested in the subject. I doubt I will take step but knowing this, is it likely that I would get an offer from them?

-Binary
    You should probably think about doing the MAT and getting a good score (slightly above average), and mentioning it in your PS which would probably make them overlook those grades. Then do STEP over the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    You should probably think about doing the MAT and getting a good score (slightly above average), and mentioning it in your PS which would probably make them overlook those grades. Then do STEP over the summer.
    Unfortunately, unless you apply to Oxford or Imperial, you can't request your score. I'm not even sure if you can sit the MAT if you don't apply to Ox or Imp

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevey396)
    tbh I wouldn't bother applying. I got ABBC at AS (A in Maths, B in FM) and didn't get an offer. Plus I had a lot of work experience too.

If I were you I'd go for ABB/BBB courses - you might be able to get offers for those.
    That's sort of surprising. What were your predicted grades? and your UMS scores if you don't mind?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.