Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Mugabe is 91 years old and he is the president of Zimbabwe. Age should no affect real leadership.
    Yeah, I am sure it's stressful and tiring being a dictator who sits there in luxury listening to yes men all day.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Jeremy Corbyn the man who said that Osama bin Laden's death was a "tragedy"?

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Mugabe is 91 years old and he is the president of Zimbabwe. Age should no affect real leadership.
    Yes, because Mugabe's (former) premiership and (current) presidency can be described as 'real leadership.'

(Original post by Mister Morality)
    With age comes wisdom. Do you really want to be lead by a public schoolboy who has worked in nothing but the industry of concealing facts and smudging errors?
    And what significant industry has Corbyn worked in?

ReputationRep:
    The last 15(?) years have tended to have younger candidates / party leaders but historically JC isn't old by comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Health can deteriorate a lot in 5 (possibly 10) years.
    Yea and so could a lot of other things

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Willdono)
    Except Mugabe is a racist dictator.
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Yes, because Mugabe's (former) premiership and (current) presidency can be described as 'real leadership.'

Okay, okay, I've been proven wrong! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    when he passes :cry2: Jezza will be embalmed like Lenin and displayed in a special mausoleum for the adoring masses to file past. he will be credited with miracles and the Pope will canonise him.

ReputationRep:
    Health can deteriorate a lot in 5 (possibly 10) years.
    Yup...

Same for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think a 71 year old man could comfortably cope with all the stress of being Prime Minister? Maybe he will cope with it. I'm not having a dig at him as I agree with many of his polices. Simply saying that his age could be a problem if he gets elected as PM.
    Churchill managed to be PM of an empire with a world war on his hands after 70. Then got kicked out of office, then got reelected as PM where he stayed into his 80s.

Do you think a fat, big drinker and smoker in 1950 was in better shape than a tea total cycling vegi in 2020?

ReputationRep:
    Vince Cable was a perfectly good minister at 72.

ReputationRep:
    The forth term in 2040 might be a bit tricky though.

ReputationRep:
    He keeps in good shape, owen jones did an interview with him by stopping him in the middle of a run, I've seen him ride a bike, and he likes gardening, so breathing in all those soil minerals will do him good no doubt

ReputationRep:
    Not like chubby DC

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.