Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    I know, I'm not happy haha, luckily the head of UCAS applications (at my school) is my form tutor and likes me so I'll see what can be done! It is going in my reference anyway

Stupid predictions
    It's ridiculous. Just ridiculous. Do that! Convince them, email, push push push, Have a hissy fit, cry, get your parents involved , whatever but you certainly should be predicted an A*!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BreakTheIce)
    Do you do double maths? if you don't, I'm sorry but you won't really have any chance at UCL or LSE for straight economics...

A friend of mine was in a similar position to you (he did double maths and was predicted 2As) and BOTH UCL and LSE said even though he seemed very good, they couldn't give him an offer without him being predicted AT LEAST and A* in Single Maths.
    Yeah I do both maths and further. I posted my score in them a few posts back. If anything I thought that would help me get an A* prediction in normal math aha

Yeah I can imagine a rejection, it's easy grounds for one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econam)
    Yeah I do both maths and further. I posted my score in them a few posts back. If anything I thought that would help me get an A* prediction in normal math aha

Yeah I can imagine a rejection, it's easy grounds for one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get your parents to question your school. 90% ums at AS is certainly grounds for an A* prediction at A2 but make sure you are putting in 100% effort at school, not just whining about the prediction because you will need classwork this year to be good in order to support your request.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Blue Machine)
    It's ridiculous. Just ridiculous. Do that! Convince them, email, push push push, Have a hissy fit, cry, get your parents involved , whatever but you certainly should be predicted an A*!
    Spoke to my teacher today and he said it was a mistake as not being predicted an A* with 97% is ridiculous, thank god!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Spoke to my teacher today and he said it was a mistake as not being predicted an A* with 97% is ridiculous, thank god!!!
    Great news!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.