Turn on thread page Beta

Cried on the bus watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Nah, crying is for the weak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I'm okay. I'm gonna get asked this by my teachers next time I see them. Not looking forward to it lol.
    Ah you'll be fine😊

ReputationRep:
    I remember crying on the bus after my maths exam, luckily no one noticed.

Crying in front of people is really not pleasant. It makes you feel so undignified and small! I have cried quite a few times in public, sometimes on trains leaving people or because I was lost or felt really anxious or I'd had some bad news. Just have to look away from people/cover your face and try not to sob out loud

ReputationRep:
    I cried on the bus today. But I don't think anyone knew. Well probably the people behind me because I wasn't too loud. I tried to stay silent when crying but I just kept jerking. Nobody asked if I was alright, thank god. If someone did I would just be crying out loudly on the spot. So I went to my college, went to the counsellor because I know I can't control my cries. Every time I cry I just bawl my eyes out even though its something not worth crying over. Tried to go to my lesson but cried when the teacher asked what was wrong. I'm such a weakling. Hate myself for this but I'm so glad I got it out. I went to the toilet, cried at the cubicle. A girl at the next cubicle asked if I was alright whilst she was peeing. I cried a bit after she said that. Nice to know there's nice people

Has anyone cried publicly? Or has cried for someone that wasn't worth it?
    I have never cried in public like that, but I have been mortified on the bus in other ways. I've also got into physical fights on the bus.
    One time this grown ass man in a suit with a briefcase (probably mad he had to take the bus that day) when I was like 15 came onto the bus and pushed me with both hands in my chest. So I just lost it and bashed him like :damnmate: "Who do you think you are?! Don't ever touch me again! *slap slap*!" Everyone was just like :erm: or :eek: even the bus driver kept quiet when he normally throws kids off.

(Original post by EllainKahlo)
    Yeah, I've cried on the bus once. It sucked ass.
    Aww why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherie Amour)
    I have never cried in public like that, but I have been mortified on the bus in other ways. I've also got into physical fights on the bus.
    One time this grown ass man in a suit with a briefcase (probably mad he had to take the bus that day) when I was like 15 came onto the bus and pushed me with both hands in my chest. So I just lost it and bashed him like :damnmate: "Who do you think you are?! Don't ever touch me again! *slap slap*!" Everyone was just like :erm: or :eek: even the bus driver kept quiet when he normally throws kids off.

Aww why.
    *sigh*

To make a long story short, I had been saving my lunch money (which was the only money I had at the time) to buy Christmas presents for my friends, a secret santa at school (who I wasn't friends with but everyone was doing it so I wanted to be nice) and my parents.

My parents ended up not appreciated what I got for them because they claimed the money I spent on them could have been spent on food and was now wasted, my 'friends' didn't say thank you and my secret santa was the only person in my class to not get anyone anything (publicly) even though I bought them a full fledged gift. To put it simply, on my way home on the bus I just felt so unappreciated, stupid for trying, mocked and publicly embarrassed that I just started crying and I didn't know what to say or to do.

ReputationRep:
    *sigh*

To make a long story short, I had been saving my lunch money (which was the only money I had at the time) to buy Christmas presents for my friends, a secret santa at school (who I wasn't friends with but everyone was doing it so I wanted to be nice) and my parents.

My parents ended up not appreciated what I got for them because they claimed the money I spent on them could have been spent on food and was now wasted, my 'friends' didn't say thank you and my secret santa was the only person in my class to not get anyone anything (publicly) even though I bought them a full fledged gift. To put it simply, on my way home on the bus I just felt so unappreciated, stupid for trying, mocked and publicly embarrassed that I just started crying and I didn't know what to say or to do.
    Oh my God, I wouldn't just cry but I would kill. I'm kidding :console: I have experienced that as well with my family, but I've had appreciate friends and unappreciative friends; people can be sucky like that.

(Original post by Anonymous285)
    I feel like crying sometimes out of nowhere
    Same, esp at night. I can't help but think of upsetting things when I'm in bed.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God, I wouldn't just cry but I would kill. I'm kidding :console: I have experienced that as well with my family, but I've had appreciate friends and unappreciative friends; people can be sucky like that.
    Yes, they can. What was so unbearable was that it happened all within one day, a matter of a few hours and made me swear off buying presents out of 'duty' or because I felt like I should. I now only buy and give presents whenever I feel like it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they can. What was so unbearable was that it happened all within one day, a matter of a few hours and made me swear off buying presents out of 'duty' or because I felt like I should. I now only buy and give presents whenever I feel like it.
    This is the same process that led me to becoming celibate. It was like watching a car wreck of incidents crash into my life and I swore off men altogether lol So I get what you mean about feeling so hurt/angry/done. I like how you said everything happened within a couple hours and made you promise never to do it again but it's sad people have convinced someone to put walls up against something they should enjoy doing

I was abused for many years but it stopped when I was 14, because I told my school nurse about my bruises and they called the social services.

I wish I could message you privately, but for the sake of not wanting what happened in the past to be connected to me now I don't think I'll be able to.

It's okay to cry, please don't feel like you're pathetic for feeling like crying easily. I cry when I get angry, irritated, just about anything that isn't a happy mood - and it's really annoying, but I've gotten used to it.

Take care OP :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I cried on the bus today. But I don't think anyone knew. Well probably the people behind me because I wasn't too loud. I tried to stay silent when crying but I just kept jerking. Nobody asked if I was alright, thank god. If someone did I would just be crying out loudly on the spot. So I went to my college, went to the counsellor because I know I can't control my cries. Every time I cry I just bawl my eyes out even though its something not worth crying over. Tried to go to my lesson but cried when the teacher asked what was wrong. I'm such a weakling. Hate myself for this but I'm so glad I got it out. I went to the toilet, cried at the cubicle. A girl at the next cubicle asked if I was alright whilst she was peeing. I cried a bit after she said that. Nice to know there's nice people

Has anyone cried publicly? Or has cried for someone that wasn't worth it?
    Girls cry over anything, men take it and move on. One of the many reasons the single life is the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icecreamcake)
    That happens to me too! I hate crying at school - I get so embarrassed and I end up crying more whenever someone asks if I'm ok...
    Grow some balls man, God

ReputationRep:
    I think in school I only cried once, we were in food tech and so we were wearing aprons, and I was able to hide my face behind it, lucky escape

ReputationRep:
    This is the same process that led me to becoming celibate. It was like watching a car wreck of incidents crash into my life and I swore off men altogether lol So I get what you mean about feeling so hurt/angry/done. I like how you said everything happened within a couple hours and made you promise never to do it again but it's sad people have convinced someone to put walls up against something they should enjoy doing
    That's a shame Yeah it is, I really do like gift giving and I wasn't giving gifts to receive them. It's the fact I made so much effort and everyone destroyed my efforts within minutes of receiving my presents, I was crushed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.