Turn on thread page Beta

Zoology Personal Statement watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liquity)
    Ah okay, I'll put it back in my shortlist then! Academically rigorous if probably more my style! Are there any other units you know that zoology is good for?
    I think if I was going to apply again it'd be Bristol, Leeds, Exeter and Edinburgh . Depends of you want to look at London unis though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I think if I was going to apply again it'd be Bristol, Leeds, Exeter and Edinburgh . Depends of you want to look at London unis though.
    A lot of people are ducking out of Bristol this year that I know because it's so competitive and I don't really like the sound of the course, just doesn't seem as interesting so I will probably give it a miss as well. Edinburgh I never really considered but I don't want to live in Scotland tbh :P and nah London is a very expensive life and not sure if I want that!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people are ducking out of Bristol this year that I know because it's so competitive and I don't really like the sound of the course, just doesn't seem as interesting so I will probably give it a miss as well. Edinburgh I never really considered but I don't want to live in Scotland tbh :P and nah London is a very expensive life and not sure if I want that!
    What is it about the Bristol course you don't fancy, out of interest?

Bear in mind the most useful units throughout your career often prove to be the least appealing on paper.

ReputationRep:
    What is it about the Bristol course you don't fancy, out of interest?

Bear in mind the most useful units throughout your career often prove to be the least appealing on paper.
    I'm applying for courses with a fair amount of animal behaviour modules because I'm really interested in that section and Bristol seem to have a lack of them. Also they seem to offer AAA a lot and I am probably not going to get predicted that, AAB more likely. Idk I just don't have the gut feeling about it, you know?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for courses with a fair amount of animal behaviour modules because I'm really interested in that section and Bristol seem to have a lack of them. Also they seem to offer AAA a lot and I am probably not going to get predicted that, AAB more likely. Idk I just don't have the gut feeling about it, you know?
    Fair enough, I still think it's a missed opportunity though, the courses at Leeds and Exeter just aren't on a par academics wise.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I still think it's a missed opportunity though, the courses at Leeds and Exeter just aren't on a par academics wise.
    Yeah that's fair enough, I just don't have a good feeling about it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Hi guys. I am going to apply for Zoology courses and I have done a lot of research on what the different courses offered by the various universities entail. However, not a lot of them have mentioned whether or not they will accept an A-Level grade in your native language as part of your offer. I know Edinburgh and Liverpool do. For Biological Sciences, Durham does too. Do you know which other ones do/don't? This language grade will bring my best three up substantially.
    Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Just mention you are a zoophile to prove how dedicated and passionate you are about your subject and they will take you

Sorry I had to
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by CourtlyCanter)
    Hi guys. I am going to apply for Zoology courses and I have done a lot of research on what the different courses offered by the various universities entail. However, not a lot of them have mentioned whether or not they will accept an A-Level grade in your native language as part of your offer. I know Edinburgh and Liverpool do. For Biological Sciences, Durham does too. Do you know which other ones do/don't? This language grade will bring my best three up substantially.
    Thanks in advance.
    Making your own thread will get you more answers. Your best bet is to check with unis about what they do and don't accept.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.