If ya say so. In the interim youll need a car of some sort tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    What car
    BMW m4 coupe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    12 weeks
    Wow that is a long time, is it built after order? I would probably get a second hand one to take home immediately and for cheaper price.

ReputationRep:
    Hire a lawyer and sue BMW

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihihi)
    Wow that is a long time, is it built after order? I would probably get a second hand one to take home immediately and for cheaper price.
    Hmm yeah but I'm not in any massive rush tbh - also I wanted one built to my exact spec. Also the PCP interest rate is way higher for Approved Used Cars.

It came in at base + £7k extras and they discounted it about 10%

ReputationRep:
    how much did you pay for it? like with extras etc?

ReputationRep:
    BMW m4 coupe
    Fuark, where you get £60k+ lying around? How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    congrats

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah but I'm not in any massive rush tbh - also I wanted one built to my exact spec. Also the PCP interest rate is way higher for Approved Used Cars.

It came in at base + £7k extras and they discounted it about 10%
    Ahh okay. Congrats btw. I'm hoping to get 2014-2015 model BMW 4 series or Audi A5 coupe in about 2 years, after I graduate. I have a much lower budget than you of course. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
    how much did you pay for it? like with extras etc?
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Fuark, where you get £60k+ lying around? How old are you?
    lol I bought it on finance! I'm in my mid-twenties.

The total invoice price before discount was £67k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihihi)
    Ahh okay. Congrats btw. I'm hoping to get 2014-2015 model BMW 4 series or Audi A5 coupe in about 2 years, after I graduate. I have a much lower budget than you of course. XD
    Awesome, id think about going down the PCP route if you could. If you can get a 0% APR deal then thats definitely the way to go. Think about it, aside from insurance and road tax, everything else is taken care of. Care is under warranty cos its new and they sold me a 5 year service pack for free. And then you just trade in the car after 3 years for another new one.

I wouldn't buy a 2014-2015 A5 because thats literally the last production year for the current model isn't it. Id either buy the 2014-2015 4 series or a new Audi A5. Or a new 4 series given the above.

ReputationRep:
    lol I bought it on finance! I'm in my mid-twenties.

The total invoice price before discount was £67k
    What job you got pal?

ReputationRep:
    I just bought a new car at the weeknd and it broke down and left me stranded on the M74 2 hours later. F*cking Rovers. The intake manifold is sitting on my desk currently, I think there is a oil blockage somewhere in the block.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, id think about going down the PCP route if you could. If you can get a 0% APR deal then thats definitely the way to go. Think about it, aside from insurance and road tax, everything else is taken care of. Care is under warranty cos its new and they sold me a 5 year service pack for free. And then you just trade in the car after 3 years for another new one.

I wouldn't buy a 2014-2015 A5 because thats literally the last production year for the current model isn't it. Id either buy the 2014-2015 4 series or a new Audi A5. Or a new 4 series given the above.
    Lol, thats such a waste of money mate - I'm not even hating..especially on finance. Why? By the time you pay that off, it'll be worth nowhere near what you put towards it.

Its also a coupe, so its practicality is ****. Performance could also be better.

I would've saved myself 45,000 pounds and picked up an M6. Thats literally hatchback money for a supercar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Stig)
    Lol, thats such a waste of money mate - I'm not even hating..especially on finance. Why? By the time you pay that off, it'll be worth nowhere near what you put towards it.

Its also a coupe, so its practicality is ****. Performance could also be better.

I would've saved myself 45,000 pounds and picked up an M6. Thats literally hatchback money for a supercar.
    Its a coupe so practicality is ****?! Not if you don't have children and only have 2 people in the 99% of the time! Coupe's look cool. They also drive better than convertibles. Coupes FTW.

Well, you're essentially paying the depreciation. Yes if you want a new car, you are going to have to pay a lot more than buying a really old M6. But then I get my servicing free, warranty, etc - and after three years ill just change it.

No doubt its a costlier way to go than to buy a 5 year old car, but I wanted to give it a go now that I have a lot more disposable income.

Ad it does 0-60 in 4 seconds! I don't need a faster car than that lol

ReputationRep:
    cgtz fam, take me for a spin in ur new whip ennit. blast my mixtape too

ReputationRep:
    Its a coupe so practicality is ****?! Not if you don't have children and only have 2 people in the 99% of the time! Coupe's look cool. They also drive better than convertibles. Coupes FTW.

Well, you're essentially paying the depreciation. Yes if you want a new car, you are going to have to pay a lot more than buying a really old M6. But then I get my servicing free, warranty, etc - and after three years ill just change it.

No doubt its a costlier way to go than to buy a 5 year old car, but I wanted to give it a go now that I have a lot more disposable income.

So you're planning to trade in for another car after some time? That makes more sence but still. What about a 0-60 in 2.9 second GTR? :P

ReputationRep:

Id go for the super saloons xD. Everything the coupes can do, but with backseats capable of holding an adult over 4ft 5" xD

ReputationRep:
    What car did you order? I've never heard of ordering a car but whatever floats your boat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.