The Student Room Group

Dentistry Resit Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

How're everyone's applications going? So far I've been rejected from Manchester because I got ACC instead of ABB last year but I have an interview at kings college...despite getting an awful UKCAT
Reply 21
Original post by Dentistry101
How're everyone's applications going? So far I've been rejected from Manchester because I got ACC instead of ABB last year but I have an interview at kings college...despite getting an awful UKCAT

Congrats on the interview from Kings! I've got an interview there as well, they're the only uni I've heard back from so far. I was quite surprised, they must give out a huge number of interviews.
Original post by khannnn
Congrats on the interview from Kings! I've got an interview there as well, they're the only uni I've heard back from so far. I was quite surprised, they must give out a huge number of interviews.

Congrats to you too!! Apparently they give out 300 interviews but this year there does seem to be more than that! When is yours? I'm worried about how many people we're competing with if they're giving out loads! What was your UKCAT?
Lol, I should have applied to Kings! My UCAS is going ****.
Gotta keep my head held high lol
Original post by Shostakovish
Lol, I should have applied to Kings! My UCAS is going ****.
Gotta keep my head held high lol

Don't stress out yet! Loads of places wait until February to say anything! Sheffield wait until Feb, Leeds wait until January so there's time for things to change !
Don't stress out yet! Loads of places wait until February to say anything! Sheffield wait until Feb, Leeds wait until January so there's time for things to change !

Let's all hope for the best! Where do you want to go? :smile:
Let's all hope for the best! Where do you want to go? :smile:

Anywhere that will take me 😂 but kings or Leeds if I can afford to be picky haha. What about you?
Anywhere that will take me 😂 but kings or Leeds if I can afford to be picky haha. What about you?

Lol, I was actually thinking the same!
Sheffield hopefully!
Lol, I was actually thinking the same!
Sheffield hopefully!

What's your ukcat score? Do Sheffield list everyone based on UKCAT and pick the top 300 or something?
What's your ukcat score? Do Sheffield list everyone based on UKCAT and pick the top 300 or something?

No idea. I have been emailing them that's all, they haven't responded on UCAS with anything - I'm just being hopeful :tongue:
Reply 30
Congrats to you too!! Apparently they give out 300 interviews but this year there does seem to be more than that! When is yours? I'm worried about how many people we're competing with if they're giving out loads! What was your UKCAT?

If they're giving out 300 then we have a good chance because I've heard there are over a hundred places at Kings! But it definitely does seem like they're giving out a lot more this year! Mine is on the 2nd of February, what about you? My UKCAT was 635, probably just scraped their cut off, what was yours?
does anyone here have any advoce or this years resit appliucants
which unis are best to apply to?
How to change ur PS
how much to do in the year etc ??
Thabk you!!!!
I there. I am a y13 resit myself and I do know that you can actually keep your ps the same as last years as its not plagiarism at all as its your words. Shelf is quite a good one and also leeds as they do accept resits but try to get good grades as I got 3Bs last year. BTW good luck and everything happens for our own good and don't give up as I know someone who had BCC in A2 and resat and he got AAB and sheff accepted him. Also if no one gives u offers than on results day when u get better grades call them immediately and they may give u an interview. This happened to a bro that I know

Quick Reply

Latest