The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Gears265
ISIS and other terror groups have released footage of them using kids as young as him and even younger to carry out terror attacks.

You do realise Islamic terrorists are sickening right? They use children to carry bombs so it is required that we take action against this both for the safety of the locals and the kids. ISIS want you to think they look innocent, it is how they think.

Yeah sure sure. It's just hate

To be honest I can understand how that could raise suspicion. It doesn't exactly look like a clock.

edit - if his teacher was an engineer you'd think he'd be quick to understand what it was or something.
WTF he made a clock? I can't even make toast.
Reply 23
image.jpg Nobody investigated this little boy for making an alarm clock for his school project vs
Attachment not found
arresting Ahmed and mistaking his clock for a bomb.
Reply 24
Original post by queen-bee
Interesting.

Is that sarcasm? I'm confused lol

It is interesting though and I do see your point. It's possible that the boy was probably a victim of stereoyping

It's sad that the stereotype exists but it exists for a reason. At one point in time, coloured muslim men have been the perpetrators of mass terrorism and violence.

Just like the stereotype of 'a depressed white kid is probs carrying around a gun ready to shoot up a school' exists. It exists because at one point in time mass school shootings were happening by white kids.

Stereotypes cause paranoia but that can't really be faulted. People would choose safety over paranoia any day which is understandable
(edited 8 years ago)
image.jpg Nobody investigated this little boy for making an alarm clock for his school project vs
Attachment not found

That's not comparable :biggrin:

That clock has the time on it and resembles a clock. And he didn't just turn up with it randomly.
Reply 26
Original post by Blackstarr
I remember making one in year 7.

Were you arrested?
The whole scare mistake thing is justifiable considering it may have looked suspicious.

However it is abhorrent that the school is still suspending him after finding out he is innocent and it was simply a clock!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wilfred Little
Anyone got a picture of the clock?

And how exactly did this happen? Was it for a project or something?

That will be interesting

He built a clock in a box that beeps. He took it into school for no reason other than to show it to a teacher it wasn't part of a project and no one asked him to build it. As a result of hearing it beep in his bag a teacher asked to view it and it all went downhill from there.

Hardly surprising people reacted this way but as I said 'better safe than sorry'
Reply 29
Original post by Namandi
Is that sarcasm? I'm confused lol

It is interesting though and I do see your point. It's possible that the boy was probably a victim of stereoyping

It's sad that the stereotype exists but it exists for a reason. At one point in time, coloured muslim men have been the perpetrators of mass and violence.

Just like the stereotype of 'a depressed white kid is probs carrying around a gun ready to shoot up a school' exists. It exists because at one point in time mass school shootings were happening by white kids.

Stereotypes cause paranoia but that can't really be faulted. People would choose safety over paranoia any day which is understandable

No BS excuse justifies this. Let's be honest. He is black and Muslim. Coincidence much?
vs
Attachment not found

expect it wasn't for a school project.
Reply 31
Original post by BaconandSauce
expect it wasn't for a school project.

What's your point?
You can't blame the police force with everything that's happened in America with schools, they were just doing their job after the teachers aroused suspicion

Charging the boy on making a hoax bomb is ridiculous however and he should not have been arrested after finding out the 'bomb' was a clock
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wilfred Little
To be honest I can understand how that could raise suspicion. It doesn't exactly look like a clock.

edit - if his teacher was an engineer you'd think he'd be quick to understand what it was or something.

apparently he did show it to a 'engineering' teacher who told him not to show it to anyone else because of how it looked.

It was only when it started beeping in a different classroom that it went pear shaped
Idiots.
What's your point?

you asked why someone who did this as part of a school project wasn't arrested

given this I though the fact that he DIDN'T do this as part of a school project would have highlighted the different reactions.
It's really sad.
Reply 37
Original post by BaconandSauce
you asked why someone who did this as part of a school project wasn't arrested

given this I though the fact that he DIDN'T do this as part of a school project would have highlighted the different reactions.

Lame excuse
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
You can't blame the police force with everything that's happened in America with schools, they were just doing there job after the teachers aroused suspicion

Charging the boy on making a hoax bomb is ridiculous however and he should not have been arrested after finding out the 'bomb' was a clock

He's not been charged.

He was questioned yes but not charged
Lame excuse

really?

you are trying to compare apples and oranges

Latest

Trending

Trending