If Islamic State took over the UK would you stay? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If IS took over I'd run away.

:run:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    We already have extremists and terrorists walking our streets and the governments of Tories and Labour have done nothing to tackle it so don't think so soon.
    A very small minority, so we probably have a very long way to go.

ReputationRep:
    Join the equivalent of the PKK maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    There is just no room for discussion when you make such slanderous, and erroneous, assumptions/accusations about "you people".

Picking out 2/3 sometimes nuanced/sometimes vague comments, invariably out of context, which are not remotely in support of IS, by figures you associate with the "left" and extrapolating that to say that the "left" support IS is disingenuous beyond belief and just not worth taking seriously.

Do you honestly believe that anyone on the "left" actively "supports" the IS? I don't understand how anyone can be that ignorant.
    No, he does not. He is just trying to rile people up. lol

ReputationRep:
    The duty of every Brit would be to stay and fight the goat****ers. Simple as that.

Thoose who desert are bad persons.

ReputationRep:
    better than tory austerity britain

ReputationRep:
    I'd stay and fight, any coward who runs shouldn't be aloud back in.

ReputationRep:
    We in HB already have had such situation. The ABiH was basically the ideological ancestor of ISIS, a lot of man fought radical Islam to save the ordinary people.

ReputationRep:
    If by some magical reason, Allah came down and put IS in charge of Britain, leaving ~60 million of angry Brits, I would probably start practicing Islam or burn in hell indefinitely and trust me, Islamic hell is the worst.

Let's be serious, there is no way a group of rebels could ever take down a country. Even if the whole middle east did its best to takeover Britain for some crazy reason, there is no way they could fight all the allies. Anyone asking this question has clearly taken a highly concentrated dose of propaganda against Muslims. I simply think they are backwards and need to move on like Christianity did from the middle ages.

ReputationRep:
    Would you fight the left wing traitors who stand in support for terror?
    This whole situation is quite obviously never going to happen, so it's all hypothetical anyway. Any set of circumstances which resulted in ISIS 'taking over the U.K.' would result in a list of legitimate targets, possibly including prominent supporters and financiers. In guerrilla warfare, by definition, the traditional tactics of war aren't adhered to.

Would I go and kill everyone who posted a message of support for ISIS on Facebook? Of course not.

ReputationRep:
    The state of Muslim majority countries as a whole suggests that we'd have seen political and economic ruin long before.

Being unemployed I would therefore have little to lose in slaughtering anybody that supported such a government.

ReputationRep:
    It's easy in hindsight to say that you'd leave

I'd leave :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Lol, the chance of this EVER happening is 0%. Im willing to bet my life, family and everything i own on it.

But regarding your question im leaving regardless. Im not liking the shift towards extreme liberalism (and dare i say soon to be a marxist state) so im leaving the ship before it sinks.
    What makes you say this? :lol: How are we shifting towards extreme liberalism when we have a Tory government and when UKIP had the third highest vote share?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    What makes you say this? :lol: How are we shifting towards extreme liberalism when we have a Tory government and when UKIP had the third highest vote share?
    Look at whats happening around you rather than who is in 'power'. And then you'd know what im on about.

ReputationRep:
    Well, as a "pagan", "polytheist", "idolatrous" Hindu, I would probably be amongst the first that they kill even before I have a chance to flee!

ReputationRep:
    Well we know the left wingers would stay, that is their ideal scenario. They have come out to support Islamic terror affiliates on multiple occasions.

I myself would join the resistance to fight those evil beings and send them back where they belong in hell, I guess I would be forced to fight the left wingers too since they will side with the enemy.
    delusions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Would you stay in the UK or would you leave for somewhere else? Where would you go? Whose responsibility should it be to take 60million British people that decide that they don't want to stay in their own country any more?

Also if you had been involved in terrorist activities to try and bring down the IS government eg if some ex British squaddies carried out assassinations of leading IS figures and set up a freedom movement, should they and those that support them be banned from seeking asylum elsewhere?
    It would happen over my dead body so no decision for me to make

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It'd be mission accomplished. Proly go out and find some wives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Look at whats happening around you rather than who is in 'power'. And then you'd know what im on about.
    Could you please expand on your view? I cannot properly dispute your argument if you don't express your view clearly, but since you didn't explain, I'm guessing you don't know what you're on about.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    no i quite like my head attatched to my neck

i think though that if everyone stayed they wouldn't be able to take over, only a fraction of anybody supports them so they would be vastly outnumbered. They are cowards anyway so they would probably be the ones running away

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.