The Student Room Group

feel like my boyfriend is cheating on me... why are most guys such pricks?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jesuislorenzo
lol you are?

He is.
Why do you think we call him Woody? Woody the woodpecker as he's known on the streets. Not because his wood is that of a pecker *, but that he's as hard as wood, and he'll peck eyes out with his sharp wit.

*This is a penis joke.
Reply 21
I think you are not going to believe him if he denies anything is wrong. So better to move on quickly. Just chalk it up to experience.
Reply 22
why are most guys pricks? probs because they r just guys :colonhash:
lol you are?

I guess my only saving grace is I've never cheated on anyone :biggrin:
It would be helpful if you were honest with him and told him how you really feel. It's true what another comment said, if he has time to like and comment on another girls pictures, he would have time to message you. Many guys just don't think how this kind of behaviour looks, whether in all innocence or not.

Whatever you have going right now doesn't sound healthy at all, just explain and if he sounds like he's not really invested/has his eye on someone else, just end it. There will be someone else who will care more for you.
It seems like you are in a insecure relationship, like where is the trust.
i've been going out with this guy for about 6 months, but we have a weird relationship. we don't see each other much because we've been busy with work.

most of the time i wait for him to start texting me first, but occasionally I do start the conversation.
recently, for about 3/4 weeks, we haven't been texting much.. he told me this month is gonna be stressful for him cos of his workload. and so I understand.. but he hasn't text me for like 2/3 weeks :/
so i'm guessing he's obviously lost interest in me.

but a few days ago i was kinda stalking his facebook/instagram and found that he's been talking to this other girl who is also the same age as me, goes to the same uni as me, and he's been commenting on her pics etc.
she's very pretty, which kinda makes me feel insecure.

we've had a few trust issues in the past... i lied to him about some things at the start of our relationship, but i came clean and apologised and he said he's happy to forgive me.

every time we've met up we have ended up having sex or oral sex.. so now i'm starting to feel like he used me.

i let him take my virginity. and now i can't help but feel upset, and really angry with him.

i want to talk to him about it but i don't want to text him first.. i want to see if he'll make the effort to talk to me.

i'm so confused.
i feel so stupid.

That would annoy me. Glad you're not my gf.

So you don't put any effort in but expect him to put effort in.

Just lol.

Sounds like you're the one with all the problems tbh.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
That would annoy me. Glad you're not my gf.

So you don't put any effort in but expect him to put effort in.

Just lol.

Sounds like you're the one with all the problems tbh.

lol

well yeah, I think we both have problems
lol

well yeah, I think we both have problems

The problem with playing texting games is. When the other person also plays texting games. You end up in a contest and both end up pissed off at each other.
Original post by rkhan34
why are most guys pricks? probs because they r just guys :colonhash:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by EloiseStar
A relationship where you feel like this is not a healthy relationship. I was so insecure because of the actions of my ex (we saw each other infrequently because of it being a long distance relationship), it made me physically sick (anxiety caused me to be sick). Get out of that relationship. I know it's hard, but coming from somebody who has been there, get out and be happy.

Why is it so much easier for the guy in a relationship like this? They can focus on work, finance and academia endlessly yet the girls explode hormonally and in your case be sick, wtf? Why are you girls like this? Us Guys we just live our lives as normal and don't worry about things while you girls think about the relationship 24/7, what is with that, do you not have jobs or responsibilities?
Original post by Gears265
Why is it so much easier for the guy in a relationship like this? They can focus on work, finance and academia endlessly yet the girls explode hormonally and in your case be sick, wtf? Why are you girls like this? Us Guys we just live our lives as normal and don't worry about things while you girls think about the relationship 24/7, what is with that, do you not have jobs or responsibilities?

I never said it was easier?

I was sick because there were additional circumstances which just antagonised the situation and made my ex's behaviour disgusting (it is personal so if you want to know, I'll inbox you).

At the point at which it ended, I didn't want to think about the relationship 24/7. I didn't normally. I liked to get on like normal but when my ex was acting as he was, I was worried about him. His behaviour was uncalled for and unusual by anyone's standards. It made me paranoid and I was so sick with worry (I have anxiety as it is), I was more concerned for him rather than the relationship. I would tell a male in the position I found myself in to get out. No one deserves to be in a bad relationship - which lets face it, the OP is clearly in.

You seem like you're on the offence and defence. I'd just like to point out I know not all men are pricks as the OP suggests, very few. I know more women who have cheated (and I guess from OP's logic, pricks).
I never said it was easier?

I was sick because there were additional circumstances which just antagonised the situation and made my ex's behaviour disgusting (it is personal so if you want to know, I'll inbox you).

At the point at which it ended, I didn't want to think about the relationship 24/7. I didn't normally. I liked to get on like normal but when my ex was acting as he was, I was worried about him. His behaviour was uncalled for and unusual by anyone's standards. It made me paranoid and I was so sick with worry (I have anxiety as it is), I was more concerned for him rather than the relationship. I would tell a male in the position I found myself in to get out. No one deserves to be in a bad relationship - which lets face it, the OP is clearly in.

My point was in majority of cases guys are always more relaxed and chilled. They don't let a relationship dominate their lives yet girls are like a fan girl would be to one direction- obsessed. But if in your situation there were circumstances other than that, that can be an issue I'm sure. But I don't think it detracts from my point how girls are more obsessed than boys in a relationship.
You seem like you're on the offence and defence. I'd just like to point out I know not all men are pricks as the OP suggests, very few. I know more women who have cheated (and I guess from OP's logic, pricks).

I'm not on the defence, many guys are *****. Don't worry about that, I'm not a guy who takes things like that personal I just saw you as the first female poster and wanted to understand why all females have this obsessive nature over relationships. Nothing personal, I go out with the lads a lot so I accept that we are all ***** most of the time.
That's not a very nice title :erm: with regards to your relationship, it looks like it's deteriorating. You need to communicate your feelings with him so he's aware. Then find out where you both stand in this relationship. If you really want to talk to him, there is nothing wrong with texting first. It's been 2-3 weeks, it's just silly to be stubborn over something like this.
i've been going out with this guy for about 6 months, but we have a weird relationship. we don't see each other much because we've been busy with work.

most of the time i wait for him to start texting me first, but occasionally I do start the conversation.
recently, for about 3/4 weeks, we haven't been texting much.. he told me this month is gonna be stressful for him cos of his workload. and so I understand.. but he hasn't text me for like 2/3 weeks :/
so i'm guessing he's obviously lost interest in me.

but a few days ago i was kinda stalking his facebook/instagram and found that he's been talking to this other girl who is also the same age as me, goes to the same uni as me, and he's been commenting on her pics etc.
she's very pretty, which kinda makes me feel insecure.

we've had a few trust issues in the past... i lied to him about some things at the start of our relationship, but i came clean and apologised and he said he's happy to forgive me.

every time we've met up we have ended up having sex or oral sex.. so now i'm starting to feel like he used me.

i let him take my virginity. and now i can't help but feel upset, and really angry with him.

i want to talk to him about it but i don't want to text him first.. i want to see if he'll make the effort to talk to me.

i'm so confused.
i feel so stupid.

My advice would be to not play mind games and text him. 2-3 weeks is a long time. If you care, express your feelings and doubts. Sometimes I feel like Dr.phil on tsr lol
My point was in majority of cases guys are always more relaxed and chilled. They don't let a relationship dominate their lives yet girls are like a fan girl would be to one direction- obsessed. But if in your situation there were circumstances other than that, that can be an issue I'm sure. But I don't think it detracts from my point how girls are more obsessed than boys in a relationship.

eh the immature girls are like that. The ones that are still on the teenager level of maturity. Sort of expect you to read their mind and put all the effort in without communicating at all. Older girls tend to have lives themselves so don't act this way. You can just have normal conversations and there's no games and everything is straight forward.
Original post by WoodyMKC
He does sound like a dick and you should chuck him I reckon, but please don't tar the entire male gender with the same brush just because of a few bad experiences with them. I've had many bad experiences with girls but I know that women aren't all childish idiots.

Well said!
So you're pissed he isn't putting effort in, but you've only ever initiated ocassionally? Think about what that looks like on his end. He probably thinks you're not interested either since he initiates most of the time, and like you he's playing a game to see if you'll make the effort and text first. Like another poster said, you end up pissing each other off if you both play games.

Just be upfront with him. Text him first for Christ's sake and explain how you feel. Don't just throw away the relationship because he liked and commented on a girl's photo. You need closure at the very least.

Oh and don't make baseless generalsations about half the world's population.

Quick Reply