Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jooby92)
    I dont want to go far back i want recent things as i will be working in recent times, i checked about beta blockers and it seems he went to london to produce beta blockers which sort of emphasozes my point

This discussion is off topic, my impression is that in good hospitals in england with a good reputation the medical care will be better than in scotland where none stick out to me to be a very good hospital, and that is why im still waiting for someone who has worked in both to shed their opinion

Ive got a good academic score so providijg i dont mess up the sjt i should be able to get into a hospital with good reputation in england whereas in scotland id end up in edin or glas which are ok but i wouldnt say have overly good reputations
    Where do you study in Scotland? The Royal Infirmary has a great reputation and a great standard of care, as well as research. I mean not only was the first kidney transplant in the UK performed there, but the hospital opened the world's first coronary care unit. It's well known for transplantations. It's one of the few places to have a PET-MRI scanner.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I dont want to go far back i want recent things as i will be working in recent times, i checked about beta blockers and it seems he went to london to produce beta blockers which sort of emphasozes my point

This discussion is off topic, my impression is that in good hospitals in england with a good reputation the medical care will be better than in scotland where none stick out to me to be a very good hospital, and that is why im still waiting for someone who has worked in both to shed their opinion

Ive got a good academic score so providijg i dont mess up the sjt i should be able to get into a hospital with good reputation in england whereas in scotland id end up in edin or glas which are ok but i wouldnt say have overly good reputations
    Edinburgh uni has the 2nd most MRC research centres in the UK, after Cambridge, and tied with Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Problem with edin is i dont like the city and your likely to have to do placements in fife or other nasty areas lol

ReputationRep:
    Problem with edin is i dont like the city and your likely to have to do placements in fife or other nasty areas lol
    I take it you are not currently a medical student. You're not going to convince me otherwise And don't ask why - read your own posts. You claim to have already intercalated (and 5th year!) yet you also claim that you are under the impression that hospitals in Scotland are far inferior - partly because they get free prescriptions!? - which is complete nonsense.

Good luck with your future application

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what you are getting at, i have intercalated and am currently in 5th year, not sure whats difficult to grasp about that?

I still feel that medicine is more cutting edge in good hospitals in uk than in scotlamd, however as i have not experiemced english nhs i was asking somone who has worked with both their views

ReputationRep:

What do pioneering discoveries have to do with working in a hospital as an FY doctor?

Loads of people actually say it's better to work in a smaller DGH for FY jobs, since it's a better learning environment at that stage in your career.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what you are getting at, i have intercalated and am currently in 5th year, not sure whats difficult to grasp about that?

I still feel that medicine is more cutting edge in good hospitals in uk than in scotlamd, however as i have not experiemced english nhs i was asking somone who has worked with both their views
    Mate Scotland is still in the UK. It's difficult to grasp because you talk like someone who doesn't have a clue.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you getting so stuck up about this, I'm not interested in your views of me

I'm not saying Scotland is bad, just that a hospital with good reputation in England will be better than one in Scotland, and someone who has worked in both has not yet been able to share their views on this matter

Scotland spends its budget differently it needs to accommodate for large regions of sparse population for example things like this all impact on the hospitals, experts in their fields are more likely to work in England who are the teachers of the next generation doctors

ReputationRep:

I'm not saying Scotland is bad, just that a hospital with good reputation in England will be better than one in Scotland, and someone who has worked in both has not yet been able to share their views on this matter
    But, by your own admission, you have not worked in England - so the idea that a good reputation hospital in England is better than a 'good' reputation hospital in Scotland has no basis.

You ask for the differences, yet state is as a matter of fact that Scotland will be worse.
    Scottish hospitals are not worse.

EDIT: Couldn't agree more lekky (post #31)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheartat20)
    But, by your own admission, you have not worked in England - so the idea that a good reputation hospital in England is better than a 'good' reputation hospital in Scotland has no basis.

You ask for the differences, yet state is as a matter of fact that Scotland will be worse.
    Scottish hospitals are not worse.
    What would be the point of this thread if that was the case

This thread was so i could ask someone who has worked in both, I'm not claiming my views to be fact but what my impression is to form the basis of why im asking the question in the first place

However i can equally say you are stating that scotish ones are no worse as a fact when you have no basis as you have not worked in both either

ReputationRep:
    Edit: no longer indulging this

ReputationRep:
    Depends you could be comparing one in England with a bad reputation with one in Scotland with a good reputation haha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    As this is now bordering on trolling, it shall be closed.
    OP if you're serious, your question has been more than answered. And I suggest curbing your borderline racism and get used to varying degrees of reputation and quality. Its the NHS whether you're in Scotland or England and we all know what that means in terms of varying levels of equipment/staffing/funding etc.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.