Turn on thread page Beta

How to get girls?! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Instead of paying for sex, use that money to go to the gym and lose some weight. Take care of yourself better, stop feeling sorry for yourself and stop being desperate.
    Quite.

(Original post by The Good Doctor)
    Ok, so regarding your wrist: when exactly is it going to return to normal?

No one is going to shun you for going to sci-fi conventions or indulging in photography. As far as I'm aware, photography is kind of an artsy hobby that a lot of girls dig. Try to set aside a small amount of money every so often so that you can get things that could help you in your predicament, like some free-weights or nicer clothes.
    6 more months to a year minimum for my wrist.
    And I already am shunned and laughed at for my interests and hobbies.

(Original post by karl pilkington)
    You could just eat less also is your flatmate a lesbian?
    I eat two meals a day, sometimes only one?
    And yes, she is.

(Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    Show me a picture.
    I dont think I have one to hand :/

(Original post by matt2042)
    Why does a broken wrist stop you weight lifting? Or cycling for that matter.
    Weights are there to build strength. Build up the strength in your wrist using weights, there is plenty of information online.
    Because I have very little grip strength in my hand/wrist still, and been told no heavy lifting for several months. Not much good cycling if I haven't got the grip to pull the brakes!

ReputationRep:
    Throw a pokeball at them or sumin worked a madness for my mate mans got a massive collection in his yard now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Listen to "How You Get The Girl" (by Taylor Swift) and take notes.

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty.
    You need to stop making excuses and stop feeling sorry for yourself. I get that you're lonely and you feel helpless so you're not actively trying to change your situation. But guess what? It's not helping. No matter how **** you feel you need to stop making excuses. Many, many people struggle to get into relationships. Not just you, so don't pretend like you're a special snowflake and the world is out to get you. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this because you very clearly need to hear it.

If you want to enter into a relationship improve yourself as a person, seriously ask yourself. Would you want to date you? If the answer is no figure out why and then fix those reasons. If you wouldn't want to date you why should anyone else?

I wallowed for far too long that nobody was every attracted to me and no one liked me. And it was all MY fault, I couldn't blame anyone else any longer. I was a boring and depressing individual and it was ridiculous of me to expect anyone to like that. Sort yourself out and stop comparing yourself to other people and expecting to get everything that everyone else gets at the click of a finger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    In all honesty.
    You need to stop making excuses and stop feeling sorry for yourself. I get that you're lonely and you feel helpless so you're not actively trying to change your situation. But guess what? It's not helping. No matter how **** you feel you need to stop making excuses. Many, many people struggle to get into relationships. Not just you, so don't pretend like you're a special snowflake and the world is out to get you. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this because you very clearly need to hear it.
    But if you can;t feel sorry for your special snowflake self what is the point? At least it gives you something to do! It's boring otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    But if you can;t feel sorry for your special snowflake self what is the point? At least it gives you something to do! It's boring otherwise.
    Because it's a pointless exercise that'll get you nowhere. I learnt that some time ago.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's a pointless exercise that'll get you nowhere. I learnt that some time ago.
    But neither does boredom.

Plus, in a way, it's the world fault not mine! So **** you world! Your fault not mine!

*gains enough confidence to leave the house*

ReputationRep:
    But neither does boredom.

Plus, in a way, it's the world fault not mine! So **** you world! Your fault not mine!

*gains enough confidence to leave the house*
    Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear
    Plus I'm scared of actually getting girlfriend cos of this graph.

http://www.pentadact.com/wp-content/...Happiness1.png

I know getting a girlfriend will not magically fix everything. It wont fix my fear of death. It wont fix my career. It wont stop me worrying about my parents dieing. It wont fix all the regrets I have. It wont fix a whole heap of things. No matter how **** things get I can pretend that some day I will get an amazing girlfriend and all will be better. As soon as I get one and reality hits. BOOM. Now what?

I learned a long time ago that getting things can be very bitter sweet to the point where I don't actually look forward to things anymore because i know there will be horrible come down. It's like when you are a kid on Christmas and you feel so depressed now it has arrived.

I'm always trying to work out how crazy I am or not :-/

See, I'm a special snowflake.

ReputationRep:
    Plus I'm scared of actually getting girlfriend cos of this graph.

http://www.pentadact.com/wp-content/...Happiness1.png

I know getting a girlfriend will not magically fix everything. It wont fix my fear of death. It wont fix my career. It wont stop me worrying about my parents dieing. It wont fix a whole heap of things. No matter how **** things get I can pretend that some day I will get an amazing girlfriend and all will be better. As soon as I get one and reality hits. BOOM. Now what?

I learned a long time ago that getting things can be very bitter sweet to the point where I don't actually look forward to things anymore because i know there will be horrible come down. It's like when you are a kid on Christmas and you feel so depressed now it has arrived.

I'm always tryong to work out how crazy I am or not :-/

You're about a 6 on the crazy scale

I think you're a lot like me a couple of years ago. I would over think everything, every little thing would make me just swirl back into depression to the point of "what's the point" I still have blips of it every now and again. But now I prefer to take each day as it comes, live for each individual day. Not for tomorrow, it'll take time as it's changing an entire mind set. But clearly the way you're looking at life now is making you miserable, and you'll end up dead before you're happy.

ReputationRep:
    You're about a 6 on the crazy scale

I think you're a lot like me a couple of years ago. I would over think everything, every little thing would make me just swirl back into depression to the point of "what's the point" I still have blips of it every now and again. But now I prefer to take each day as it comes, live for each individual day. Not for tomorrow, it'll take time as it's changing an entire mind set. But clearly the way you're looking at life now is making you miserable, and you'll end up dead before you're happy.
    Jeez. Thanks for the light heartedness

ReputationRep:
    Jeez. Thanks for the light heartedness
    Sorry, I struggle to fluff things up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.