Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by BULL14)
    BUMP!
    You have your answer. Don't retake. It directs focus from the subjects you still need A*s in and many would ignore the retake anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    You have your answer. Don't retake. It directs focus from the subjects you still need A*s in and many would ignore the retake anyway.

SO will my retake not count? because I aspired to get 10A*s at GCSE; but Urdu was one of the GCSEs that I aspired to get my A* in.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    SO will my retake not count? because I aspired to get 10A*s at GCSE; but Urdu was one of the GCSEs that I aspired to get my A* in.
    Oxford do not specify about retakes, but say they look closely at grades in context. To me that suggests that would probably look at your first attempt. Focus on getting A*s in the rest, retaking would likely just reduce your chances of getting A*s in the other.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Out of interest, why is it that you want to apply to Oxford so much? The course structure, the prestige?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.