(Original post by DiddyDec)
    Do you study law?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That says it all then. I will trust the opinion of someone who is qualified and practises over yours.

ReputationRep:
    Marriage is for fools

ReputationRep:
    Do you study law?
    Its pretty well known that pre nups dont work in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Its pretty well known that pre nups dont work in the UK
    That is actually a common misconception. Although they can be overturned it is only in the case that they are "unfair" when pursuing an improved settlement.

ReputationRep:
    That is actually a common misconception. Although they can be overturned it is only in the case that they are "unfair" when pursuing an improved settlement.
    Im not sure what your saying? You are saying they are effective and enforced in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure what your saying? You are saying they are effective and enforced in the UK?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    I did a bit of browsing a while back on pre nups and pretty much every site i visited concluded they are worthless and unenforcable.

http://www.terry.co.uk/pre-nuptial.html

ReputationRep:
    I did a bit of browsing a while back on pre nups and pretty much every site i visited concluded they are worthless and unenforcable.

http://www.terry.co.uk/pre-nuptial.html
    Terry & Co? A tin pot firm with probably about 3 employees. The name alone is ****ing awful.

http://www.prenuptialagreementsuk.co...eements-uk.php

ReputationRep:
    Terry & Co? A tin pot firm with probably about 3 employees. The name alone is ****ing awful.

http://www.prenuptialagreementsuk.co...eements-uk.php
    Like i said a lot of different sites said it

http://www.bljsolicitors.co.uk/news/...nts-in-the-uk/

ReputationRep:
    Like i said a lot of different sites said it

http://www.bljsolicitors.co.uk/news/...nts-in-the-uk/
    And they say it can be enforceable. But not always.

ReputationRep:
    And they say it can be enforceable. But not always.
    Yes. Not the most convincing or reassuring

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Not the most convincing or reassuring
    Better to have one than not. It is often that having children will make the process more complicated and result in the pre nup being throw out.

There are other ways to protect your assets, such as trusts.

ReputationRep:
    Better to have one than not. It is often that having children will make the process more complicated and result in the pre nup being throw out.

There are other ways to protect your assets, such as trusts.
    Yeah that's an interesting one that people have tried to use. I don't actually study family law so I don't know too much about it, my knowledge of it comes from helping a few friends with revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Yeah that's an interesting one that people have tried to use. I don't actually study family law so I don't know too much about it, my knowledge of it comes from helping a few friends with revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The only reason I know is because it came up in one my tax modules and I used to work at a large law firm.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I know is because it came up in one my tax modules and I used to work at a large law firm.
    Divorce has fallen into the trend in law to make outcomes harsher on men and more favourable for women without real intelligible basis other than to try and rectify a perceived societal inequality

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    We have no fault divorce now. If we brought back fault then all these cheating whores (statistics show that today's women are as likely to cheat as men but divorce is filed by almost 70% women) would not get a penny and marriages would last if the husband forgave them or they knew they'd get nothing after doing it.
    I never said that no fault divorce doesn't exist. I'm saying it's not going to be an effective deterrent and frankly it isn't.

You sound very bitter about marriage, no one is going to hold a gun to your head to get married, if you want to keep your precious assets then don't get married, simples. I see men complaining all the time about marriage being unfair, yes it is unfair I agree. But a lot of you still keep getting married for some reason and why is that? NOBODY is thinking about getting divorced when they get married. It's like saying prison is a deterrent against crime. No one is thinking they're going to get caught are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    I never said that no fault divorce doesn't exist. I'm saying it's not going to be an effective deterrent and frankly it isn't.

You sound very bitter about marriage, no one is going to hold a gun to your head to get married, if you want to keep your precious assets then don't get married, simples. I see men complaining all the time about marriage being unfair, yes it is unfair I agree. But a lot of you still keep getting married for some reason and why is that? NOBODY is thinking about getting divorced when they get married. It's like saying prison is a deterrent against crime. No one is thinking they're going to get caught are they?
    I'm not bitter about divorce myself, I do believe that pair bonding through marriage is an overall benefit to both my own self interest and society. That said I think its very important to find a woman who does not display inferior traits like disloyalty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)

yes but I'm not stupid. Things don't always work out even if you want them to. No woman expects their long term partner to become physically abusive, but that doesn't mean it is their fault for choosing that partner if it becomes an abusive relationship down the line.

This sounds a lot like victim blaming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    yes but I'm not stupid. Things don't always work out even if you want them to. No woman expects their long term partner to become physically abusive, but that doesn't mean it is their fault for choosing that partner if it becomes an abusive relationship down the line. But they may find themselves in that situation without intending it to happen.

This sounds a lot like victim blaming
    Maybe it is

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.