Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Alevel sociolgy - whats it like really watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    I'm currently doing A2 sociology and I think it's a real eye opener. You learn about different perspectives views on many factors that shape the society, eg. education, family, gender roles etc. And it's really not a complicated subject, my revision consisted of just reading the whole book hours before the exam and ended up with an A. If you enjoy philosophy, you will like sociology
    oh okay thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaithKG)
    thankyou sooooo much.... erm could u message me like one of you past work so i can see what its like that would be sooo helpful
    ok, so i'm attaching some files (hopefully they will load)

two are from last year; one about social policies affects on the family, and one about gender and education. The other two are from this year (A2) one about beliefs in society - and the other about crime and deviance.

Most of my better essays were hand written, these are the only ones i could find on my laptop but they still show you the structure and you can get an idea of certain topics i guess, but there is a lot more in it that what is mentioned in the essays they are simly just snippits of topics.

I should have some of my revision sources linked as well. E.g. i made powerpoints last year for all of my subjects - i've uploaded just two of them one on couples, and one on childhood i've also included a powerpoint i never got round to finishing which just has some past 24 mark essay questions on (from the family and households unit) - just to try show you a range of different things we look at. Hope you find some interesting things- but remember it's a lot more interesting than maybe what i make out, my revision powerpoints are pretty boring but i had a lot to get through haha!

In the first year i did; Couples, childhood, demographics, social policy, Education, research methods, diversity, etc there was a range of interesting things. There is now a new spec due to the AS/A2 situation but i've just read through it and it's pretty much all the same topics in a different order so these should be useful - however, i think its up to the college/department you go to as to whether you do families and households - or a different unit e.g. health, culture and welfare, identity but family is the one i did
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx SOCIOLOGY - AMBER GRAVER.docx (17.5 KB, 63 views)
  2. File Type: docx 1st vicky essay.docx (16.8 KB, 154 views)
  3. File Type: docx sociology 3rd education essay.docx (17.2 KB, 127 views)
  4. File Type: docx social policies affect on families essay.docx (13.3 KB, 74 views)
  5. File Type: pptx CHILDHOOD.pptx (71.2 KB, 391 views)
  6. File Type: pptx COUPLES.pptx (76.8 KB, 276 views)
  7. File Type: pptx 24 MARK PLANS.pptx (66.2 KB, 359 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambergraver)
    ok, so i'm attaching some files (hopefully they will load)

two are from last year; one about social policies affects on the family, and one about gender and education. The other two are from this year (A2) one about beliefs in society - and the other about crime and deviance.

Most of my better essays were hand written, these are the only ones i could find on my laptop but they still show you the structure and you can get an idea of certain topics i guess, but there is a lot more in it that what is mentioned in the essays they are simly just snippits of topics.

I should have some of my revision sources linked as well. E.g. i made powerpoints last year for all of my subjects - i've uploaded just two of them one on couples, and one on childhood i've also included a powerpoint i never got round to finishing which just has some past 24 mark essay questions on (from the family and households unit) - just to try show you a range of different things we look at. Hope you find some interesting things- but remember it's a lot more interesting than maybe what i make out, my revision powerpoints are pretty boring but i had a lot to get through haha!

In the first year i did; Couples, childhood, demographics, social policy, Education, research methods, diversity, etc there was a range of interesting things. There is now a new spec due to the AS/A2 situation but i've just read through it and it's pretty much all the same topics in a different order so these should be useful - however, i think its up to the college/department you go to as to whether you do families and households - or a different unit e.g. health, culture and welfare, identity but family is the one i did
    THANKYOUUUUU SOOOO MUCH SERIOUSLY thankyou.... that helps a lot!! im diffo doing sociology!!

ReputationRep:
    THANKYOUUUUU SOOOO MUCH SERIOUSLY thankyou.... that helps a lot!! im diffo doing sociology!!
    Any time! It was nice to look over some of my old stuff anyway - if you ever want to talk about anything specific feel free to drop me a message

Sociology is a wonderful subject, but whatever you pick i'm sure will be the right choice for you!

ReputationRep:
    HI,
    Im picking my alevels at the moment and I became interested in sociolgy... but i dont know much about it cause i didnt do it for GCSEs and its quite new to me. If someone could tell me... it would be a great help
    Hi, im currently in year 13 and after I sat my exams I achieved a B at AS. I also didn't study sociology for GCSEs and I even did better than some people who got A grades in GCSE. Honestly, if you put in the work it will be fine, plus they teach it from scrath and therefore you'll all be in the same boat, regardless of doing it for GCSE or not.

Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmy_96)
    Hi, im currently in year and after I sat my exams I achieved a B at AS. I also didn't study sociology for GCSEs and I even did better than some people who got A grades in GCSE. Honestly, if you put in the work it will be fine, plus they teach it from scrath and therefore you'll all be in the same boat, regardless of doing it for GCSE or not.

Hope I helped
    It did thankyou

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.