Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Not my cuppa. In the past I've had FWBs and not been at all bothered by the fact that they, and I, are sleeping with other people because I'm not emotionally attached to them; however, once I got to the point that I got romantically bonded to them (which for me takes a lot of time and means a lot) it'd turn my stomach to know they're having sex with someone else.
    Yeah fair

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    I mean I dunno. I'd think the other person doesn't like me enough to want to commit. If there are feelings involved wouldn't there be jealousy? And if there's no jealousy one would question whether they really had feelings for their partner tbh. I do respect that other people may want to have such relationships though.
    👍🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As long as everyone involved is aware and comfortable with the situation, I don't see the problem. It's their life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind mind being in open relationships.

I just don't like my partners being in open relationships. that's just messed up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    ^ as the above states

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You offering? :sexface:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    not my thing.

But if its between two consenting adults then who am i to judge

ReputationRep:
    I can see the appeal in them but don't think I could ever be in one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I understand the motivation and in a way I consider the honesty admirable.

My overwhelming opinion though is that the people in them are weak or have never truly been in love.

ReputationRep:
    If it works for others, I'm not one to judge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This.
    Depends on the people. Not something that is easy to categorise, as circumstances are probably completely different for all people that do it.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't have one. If I am in a relationship with a person then I want them to have the same commitment to me as I do to them.

That means no sex outside the relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely disgusting.

I have no respect for anyone who does this. lol liberals with their good old I don't care as long as it doesn't concern me and its between two consenting adults attitude. Its degenerate behaviour. It shouldn't be called a relationship. Makes me worry for humanity

ReputationRep:
    Open relationships are ****ed up (no offence) you're literally labelled as a couple only and nothing else. Monogamous is the best and always will be!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's a joke and shows how afraid people are to committing nowadays as the whole thing is a contradiction.
    Either have it as a casual fling or a relationship. You can't have a relationship with someone but shag other people.

(Original post by donutaud15)
    Why do you not judge? Would it make you a hypocrite or have you not thought it through enough and able to back up your opinion on such a thing?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the point to be honest. You wanna bang other people stay single, it's not difficult.

To me it's just a clear indicator that you're a doormat dating a slut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    It's a joke and shows how afraid people are to committing nowadays as the whole thing is a contradiction.
    Either have it as a casual fling or a relationship. You can't have a relationship with someone but shag other people.

Why do you not judge? Would it make you a hypocrite or have you not thought it through enough and able to back up your opinion on such a thing?

I won't judge because I think people have the right to live the life they want as long as they are consenting adults.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I personally could/would never be in one, but kudos to those who can make it work for themselves :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    A relationship between two people with the agreement that they can sleep with other people. X
    (Original post by Zuki)
    A relationship where both people basically allow the other to have sex with others
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    A relationship that allows you to bang other people :-)
    I can't tell if this sounds like a stupid or a great idea...

Probably the former :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asuna Yuuki)
    I can't tell if this sounds like a stupid or a great idea...

Probably the former :/
    I'd prefer my partner to only be mine and me, theirs. Don't think open relationships are for me :/

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.