Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=xGCSE_Studentx;59997557]
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)

I need to ask about a level choices tbh who are you going with im going with my parents and I know of some people in my form that are are going quite a lot tbh
    My mocks are late November to early December so i should probably have my mocks pressures on lol do greenhead do interviews ?
    I've got mocks next week to put onto ucas progress. Got some more in January and i think they're the ones that greenhead will see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which schools are you guys from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    Are you going to the open eve Thursday? What do you want to go into
    No I am going to the November open evening In the future I would like to go into medicine/dentistry - Maybe I will be at a disadvantage for only having 2 sciences but I am going to try (I am honestly so bad at Maths so there is no way I could do Maths/physics)

How about you, what A levels would you like to study?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Himani Vadhia;59997629]

I've got mocks next week to put onto ucas progress. Got some more in January and i think they're the ones that greenhead will see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had mocks 2 weeks ago but they're just internal mocks for my school to note any progress I've made and I am using u as progress too! Have you filled your ps yet? I haven't 😵

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    No I am going to the November open evening In the future I would like to go into medicine/dentistry - Maybe I will be at a disadvantage for only having 2 sciences but I am going to try (I am honestly so bad at Maths so there is no way I could do Maths/physics)

How about you, what A levels would you like to study?
    Snap I want to go into dentistry too as hard as it is it should be worth it hopefully honestly I don't think it matters you're studying two sciences as long as you're predicted grades are fairly good you should be ok
    A levels I want to do are biology and chemistry for d finite and perhaps psychology and thinking of maths although I've heard you don't need it for dentistry? I'm really bad at maths and ohysics too lol so definitely don't want to do them but not too sure yet 😝
    What are your gcse predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himani Vadhia)
    Which schools are you guys from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Birkenshaw academy what about you

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    Snap I want to go into dentistry too as hard as it is it should be worth it hopefully honestly I don't think it matters you're studying two sciences as long as you're predicted grades are fairly good you should be ok
    A levels I want to do are biology and chemistry for d finite and perhaps psychology and thinking of maths although I've heard you don't need it for dentistry? I'm really bad at maths and ohysics too lol so definitely don't want to do them but not too sure yet 😝
    What are your gcse predicted grades
    Wow okay, yes it should be hard but if we persevere I'm sure we can make it Loads of Greenhead students get into medicine and dentistry so . .. I'm a really hard working student and I'm committed to my dreams, I'm sure you are too

My predicted grades are . . . *hides* I don't even know yet But we have these progress/mock exams coming up after half term and I think these will dictate our predicted grades. I know my maths one is a B though, though I'm going to try really hard to get an A. Last year I did Core Science and English Literature and got a*'s in both so I think my English language and additional science predicted grades will be high

ReputationRep:
    Wow okay, yes it should be hard but if we persevere I'm sure we can make it Loads of Greenhead students get into medicine and dentistry so . .. I'm a really hard working student and I'm committed to my dreams, I'm sure you are too

My predicted grades are . . . *hides* I don't even know yet But we have these progress/mock exams coming up after half term and I think these will dictate our predicted grades. I know my maths one is a B though, though I'm going to try really hard to get an A. Last year I did Core Science and English Literature and got a*'s in both so I think my English language and additional science predicted grades will be high
    Yes hopefully I have to get into d editors no back up option here lol and if you got a*s in English you'll be fine that's really good congrats !

ReputationRep:
    Yes hopefully I have to get into d editors no back up option here lol and if you got a*s in English you'll be fine that's really good congrats !
    Thankyou Let me go know how open evening goes (if you are going to this Thursday one) ^^

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou Let me go know how open evening goes (if you are going to this Thursday one) ^^
    Yh I am going this Thursday which school do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    Yh I am going this Thursday which school do you go to?
    I don't really feel comfortable putting my school on the Internet because I don't want to be identified But it's pretty close to yours I think.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really feel comfortable putting my school on the Internet because I don't want to be identified But it's pretty close to yours I think.
    Pm me I won't say anything it's just interesting to see where applicants are from ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming on Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himani Vadhia)
    I'm coming on Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See you there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    🙌

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im a current Greenhead student so if you would like to ask me anything then let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyrobinson100)
    Im a current Greenhead student so if you would like to ask me anything then let me know!
    Hey! How did you get in?
    Were you from a partner or non-partner school?
    What were your mock/predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was from a non-partner school and my predicted grades were 2 A*, 2A and 6B's. For my mocks I actually got 10A*. However, I wouldn't worry too much because many people from non-partner schools got A-C grade mocks and got offers. With Greenhead, you only really need straight A, with a few B's maybe, if you go to a private school. They were fairly strict with people from private schools and their mock grades. Everyone who applied from my school was accepted and that includes those who didn't have fantastic mocks. Don't stress out too much like I did because you don't have to do amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyrobinson100)
    Hi, I was from a non-partner school and my predicted grades were 2 A*, 2A and 6B's. For my mocks I actually got 10A*. However, I wouldn't worry too much because many people from non-partner schools got A-C grade mocks and got offers. With Greenhead, you only really need straight A, with a few B's maybe, if you go to a private school. They were fairly strict with people from private schools and their mock grades. Everyone who applied from my school was accepted and that includes those who didn't have fantastic mocks. Don't stress out too much like I did because you don't have to do amazing!!
    Well I'm predicted 6A's and 2B's. Already done economics and got a B. However, my predicted for maths and physics is an A1 and considering that i got A*s in my mocks last year, they really should be A*s. Will these predicted grades be good enough? Xx Also i've got mocks next Monday and Tuesday and I think they are going on to UCAs Progress. Apparently, Greenhead are more interested in the January mocks.
    If you don't mind me asking, which school did you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.