Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Flatmate's sex noises make me feel down watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think I'm scared that I can never perform like they do
    Loud sex doesn't equal good sex. They might just be exhibitionists, weird as it may sound, the noise may be aimed at you. I knew a girl who used to scream during sex, until one time I came back and they were doing it without knowing anyone else was in, and she was barely making a sound. They're probably making all the noise to cover up their insecurities, especially if it's constant, not just occasional high bits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Loud sex doesn't equal good sex. They might just be exhibitionists, weird as it may sound, the noise may be aimed at you. I knew a girl who used to scream during sex, until one time I came back and they were doing it without knowing anyone else was in, and she was barely making a sound. They're probably making all the noise to cover up their insecurities, especially if it's constant, not just occasional high bits.

^ This

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do don't invite your boyfriend around at the same time. Having a sound off over who can have the loudest sex will lead to more complaints, and annoy everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think its anything to be ashamed about. Noise of any sort if socially unacceptable and there is nothing wrong with wishing to maintain a moral standard; it is reckless and antisocial to impose that kind of noise on others, but unfortunately these days people are too quick to resort to 'yo just jelly' etc...

ReputationRep:
    I'm really jealous of your flatmate. Lucky guy.

ReputationRep:
    Okay let me tell you something. If that really is you in your pics.. You are pretty and have a nice body, lovely hair etc. And guess that most guys are going to think that they don't have a shot with you and won't ask you out. Especially in London (I was also a London student)!! And given your circle as well of physics students and I'm guessing having social anxiety (I read on your prior post) you don't go outside of this circle much therefore you have quite a narrow view of what men think of you. Those guys in your lab or whatever are probably terrified of women. I was a chemistry undergrad and most of the guys were awkward and the ones that weren't had girlfriends already. I basically got bored of sitting around and looking pretty waiting for guys to come to me... The irony was the prettier I made myself the less likely it was that I would get asked out. You know for yourself that is the plainer girls that get all the guys. So at 22 I knew exactly what I wanted and I was no longer afraid to get it. Sweetie, life is too short. You are gorgeous and I don't think you will get rejected. It's the 21st century and you are allowed to make the first move. You don't have to be blatant you can just be like 'I think we would get along well, we should meet up sometime' or something like that rather than 'I like you/go out with me'. Both my boyfriends thought they would never have had a shot with me and I think a lot of the guys you know probably feel the same and your social anxiety stops you from meeting guys outside of that environment. Also in London (esp. central) guys are not going to approach you on the train/street as it's taboo enough there to even look someone in the eye let alone talk to them. People are also in a mad rush and don't want to be disturbed.
    Yeah everything you said is true. You seem so nice. Can you PM me please?

ReputationRep:
    I have so felt your pain. Except it just pissed me off mostly. I remember 2nd year when my flatmate next door used to have really loud sex. It used to shake my entire room. They'd go at it for hours. He only stopped for cigarette breaks. Really loud slapping noises, frantic animal sounds, the works. And he was a troll, she was a banshee. And they usually left the door open a crack. He even had the nerve to ask me if we could move in together.

ReputationRep:
    The guy in the room next to me has a girl around usually on Friday and Saturday nights and they have really loud sex all weekend and I find it really offputting, and impossible to get anything done. If I'm honest it makes me feel insecure and like a loser for some reason. I don't want to make a noise in my room as I feel like I'm invading their fun time. It seems like they are casual but I could be wrong.

I'm female and I recently got myself a boyfriend but I'm not ready to have sex with him or for him to stay the night. However their noises are making me feel like inviting my boyfriend over so I won't feel lonely. I know it sounds pathetic... What should I do?

(anon please)
    Play it's raining men really loudly. Should get them to stop. Or at least give you a good laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got you my g. Buy some headphones and download the 'my beautiful dark twisted fantasy' album. So when the annoying duo get their tennis match groaning going on just bump to monster and devil in a new dress and all shall be fine.

ReputationRep:
    You need to lighten up. Put some music on or earplugs or something.

(Original post by Madeline_H95)
    Whatever you do don't invite your boyfriend around at the same time. Having a sound off over who can have the loudest sex will lead to more complaints, and annoy everyone else.
    lol this sounds fun. Wish my flatmates had girlfriends smh.

To those saying any kind of noise is unacceptable, actually grow up :lol:

It's university and that's just what happens. I understand that when it's really loud it isn't great and something should be said to the person, but some people on this thread are acting as though the flat mate should be tiptoeing everywhere. Remember that this person lives here too and is free to do what they want in their private room in the same way the thread starter is as well.

Have you ever thought about going out while they're going at it? No one is making you sit in your room and listen to them. Yes you have the right to stay in your room etc but so does your flat mate and unfortunately at some point you'll need to learn that you can't make everyone change what they do just to suit you.

I think things like loud sex, loud music and the smell of weed are all things that you'll be guaranteed to have in halls of residence at uni and if that doesn't sit well with you then it's probably better if you consider living somewhere else, because I can promise that these things happen in EVERY halls of residence for uni.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a library? I don't think talking to your flatmate will get you very far given you don't really know him.

Pretty much all the problems I see on here about flatmates could be solved by people getting to know their flatmates at least a little before moving in.

(Original post by Katty3)
    Play it's raining men really loudly. Should get them to stop. Or at least give you a good laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This. Or this, on 10 hour loop:

Put it on and go out for a few hours.

edit:

No, this:

ReputationRep:
    The guy in the room next to me has a girl around usually on Friday and Saturday nights and they have really loud sex all weekend and I find it really offputting, and impossible to get anything done. If I'm honest it makes me feel insecure and like a loser for some reason. I don't want to make a noise in my room as I feel like I'm invading their fun time. It seems like they are casual but I could be wrong.

I'm female and I recently got myself a boyfriend but I'm not ready to have sex with him or for him to stay the night. However their noises are making me feel like inviting my boyfriend over so I won't feel lonely. I know it sounds pathetic... What should I do?

(anon please)

Hi

What have you done so far to help the situation?

I agree the noise from people having sex next door can be as offensive as setting off a stink bomb. The smell just enters areas where it is unwanted > The noise from sex does exactly the same thing- only to your ears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    What would be the benefit of those two in aiming sex noises at the person next door? Also what would be the solution to getting a good nights sleep with all this noise happening next door? earplugs fall out.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.