Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

the Beard challenge! (for REAL men and grown up boys on TSR) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    I challenge you to grow a beard for Movember . just 1 month! Then post pics at the end of the month . I'm growing one just for the winter, then might trim it into a nice shape, but I reall want to go for the jesus look. I love that friggin beard look!
    Ahhh but the maintenance :/

ReputationRep:
    Never go past light stubble. School has a strict policy regarding facial hair, i.e. shave.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Beards are sexy, let it grow :moon:
    Not my thing tbh, a bit of stubble for sure but why would I wanna hide this beautiful face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Ahhh but the maintenance :/
    What maintainence? It just grows!

ReputationRep:
    What maintainence? It just grows!
    Yeah but when it gets passed the top of the lip you gotta start trimming it or it starts to itch :/ Or is that just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Yeah but when it gets passed the top of the lip you gotta start trimming it or it starts to itch :/ Or is that just me
    Gotta man up and put up with it for a bit longer and the itch will eventually go away :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It seems to me that guys who go on about how REAL men have beards and base their masculinity on hair tend to be the ones who are actually insecure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusDS92)
    OP I think you're rally insecure about your masculinity.
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    It seems to me that guys who go on about how REAL men have beards and base their masculinity on hair tend to be the ones who are actually insecure.
    No i'm not insecure. Just trying to shame some more guys into growing beards that's all .

ReputationRep:
    No i'm not insecure. Just trying to shame some more guys into growing beards that's all .
    why shame anyone? it's not really a good way to get people to see your point of view. And why does it matter to you if more men have beards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hate when people say "real men grow their beards", that's so cringe.

You don't define a man based on his facial hair their are other more important factors than the hair on your face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    why shame anyone? it's not really a good way to get people to see your point of view. And why does it matter to you if more men have beards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Movember coming up . Also I don't think I was shaming anyone. Merely encouraging people to grow their facial hair. I don't see why you are even here. You don't have a beard picture to post so please kindly leave and stop stirring up stuff

ReputationRep:
    It's not really a challenge is it. You pretty much just watch TV for a couple of weeks and then either your beard has grown or it hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Movember coming up . Also I don't think I was shaming anyone. Merely encouraging people to grow their facial hair. I don't see why you are even here. You don't have a beard picture to post so please kindly leave and stop stirring up stuff
    you were the one who literally said shame. I can be wherever I want tbh, and having a discussion about weird standards of masculinity that men enforce is interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And that beard is taking up around 90% of your face, the other 10 being the nose and eyes. :/

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_20151017_184820.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  242.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nununu)
    Name:  IMG_20151017_184820.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  242.7 KB
    nice beard! How long have you been growing it for? Any tips for the moustache? My moustache hair is starting to go into my mouth and i'm not sure if I should trim it or let it grow and comb it to the side. What do you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    nice beard! How long have you been growing it for? Any tips for the moustache? My moustache hair is starting to go into my mouth and i'm not sure if I should trim it or let it grow and comb it to the side. What do you reckon?
    Fanx mate. Growing for about a month, just trim the moustache with a beard trimmer or shave the ends of slightly, becareful tho dont go too far!

Come on, where are the other ****ing beards? Does everyone on TSR shave or something? Or are you all pre-pubescent schoolboys?
    Us real men don't need to show off our beard.

You must be a pre-pubescent schoolboy :wavingtheflag:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Us real men don't need to show off our beard.

You must be a pre-pubescent schoolboy :wavingtheflag:
    come on, lighten up mate - it was just some witty banter on my part!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    TSR is just full of a bunch of kids with no facial hair, how was I to know?

I requested this thread get deleted - I will never post another beard thread on TSR - I've learnt my lesson. :teehee:
    Because if I don't shave within a couple of days I'll look like these guys from my town:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.