Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you Celebrate Halloween? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you celebrate Halloween?
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    75.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    oh that is very interesting, do you mind if i ask if there is any particualr reason why? is it because Halloween has connections to the underworld and things?. Excuse my ignorance, i love learning new things, especially about different faiths and cultures
    Nothing cultural about it. Everything about it is Islamic.

This video pretty much summarises why we do not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zw8CbEWaao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    No.

I see enough people on a daily basis to justify calling each day Halloween :lol:
    That has to be the best joke ever!
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by AnonymousForLife)
    Nothing cultural about it. Everything about it is Islamic.

This video pretty much summarises why we do not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zw8CbEWaao

thank you, that was very interesting
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    wayheyy so far most people don't celebrate it! i thought i was in the minority :woo::woo:

ReputationRep:
    No but i used to go out and egg peoples houses :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I do and have since I was about two. I love going to Halloween parties/gatherings/events - everyone dressing up, carving pumpkins, creepy/hilarious decorations... I just adore all of it. This year I'm going to an event in a local town - it's a party in the streets with actors pretending to be zombies.

It's not just about an excuse to eat sweets. It's about getting together, getting drunk, dancing and just enjoying the atmosphere.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    No but i used to go out and egg peoples houses :innocent:
    if you egg my house beware of the guard guinea pigs

(Original post by celloel)
    Yes! I do and have since I was about two. I love going to Halloween parties/gatherings/events - everyone dressing up, carving pumpkins, creepy/hilarious decorations... I just adore all of it. This year I'm going to an event in a local town - it's a party in the streets with actors pretending to be zombies.

It's not just about an excuse to eat sweets. It's about getting together, getting drunk, dancing and just enjoying the atmosphere.
    that sounds cute to be fair i have done pumpkin carving before and did enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually celebrate it, aside from meeting up with my friends and putting Netflix on, but this year I'm a first year and everyone's planning extravagant parties for it. Not really my sort of thing to be honest, I already hate the house parties that are put on and now I'm also going to be in an uncomfortable costume I haven't bothered buying yet. Not my cup of tea.

Edit: Just remembered I went to a scare fest a couple of times in the weeks leading up to Halloween - that was actually quite fun... But at least I was getting more for my money than sweets I could have any other day.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.