Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Why are people in London so stuck up? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Especially the girls. I mean, I have to go to this place called Stoke on Trent , it's way up north, every month as part of my job. The place is literally swarming with attractive blonde girls that all think I'm wonderful. They literally love me - I feel like a celebrity when I'm there. Then I come back to Euston and the girl behind the bagel counter looks so stuck up, its unbelievable.

I think because they live in London and house prices are so high here, they feel they can behave like this...
    I should go there more often.

ReputationRep:
    Move to stoke then. People are the same in most towns in this country tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People in London are actually nice, at the same time, London seems so more much poor and run down than I was lead to believe.

Outside Zone 1 it looks like Chernobyl after the nuclear meltdown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Pretty much, provincial girls are far better and down to earth without delusions of grandeur. Only thing is they may not be a very good catch in terms of class or career prospects. The absolute worst though are Home Counties girls
    This post marks the point where we totally and completely agree on every word. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hertfordshire girls :/

ReputationRep:
    Because they are all secretly depressed at having to live their superficial lives.

ReputationRep:
    Especially the girls. I mean, I have to go to this place called Stoke on Trent , it's way up north, every month as part of my job. The place is literally swarming with attractive blonde girls that all think I'm wonderful. They literally love me - I feel like a celebrity when I'm there. Then I come back to Euston and the girl behind the bagel counter looks so stuck up, its unbelievable.

I think because they live in London and house prices are so high here, they feel they can behave like this...
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    So not true. We Londoners are awesome. We have high standards too ofcourse. Everything is high here
    I agree with Queenie. We londoners are super chilled out and friendly. Like with every place there are nice and not so nice people. Maybe the bagel lady was just not a nice person? Who knows? I've met loads of nice people in london. I'm from london and i'm really nice too! .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    You and me both, we could both look for our little northern lass up there. The first annual Maid Marian Hunting season bbbeeeegggiiiinnnnnssss!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Yeh. Don't get me wrong, it's a terrible place to actually live in - lots of drugs and poverty but the girls are awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    I agree with Queenie. We londoners are super chilled out and friendly. Like with every place there are nice and not so nice people. Maybe the bagel lady was just not a nice person? Who knows? I've met loads of nice people in london. I'm from london and i'm really nice too! .
    London is just too awesome for some people to handle. They couldn't last a day here

ReputationRep:
    East London is great!!! :gangster: and not all of us are stuck up :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people still reply to this guy's threads seriously as if they're proper threads and not just the invention of the world's worst and most boring troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    East London is great!!! :gangster: and not all of us are stuck up :rolleyes:
    I grew up in East London. It's a hell hole lol lets be honest

ReputationRep:
    I grew up in East London. It's a hell hole lol lets be honest
    True lol

ReputationRep:
    London is just too awesome for some people to handle. They couldn't last a day here
    How was your week queenie? get up to anything nice? I had the best week all year this week! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Londoners are just unpleasant. I think it's a mix of the rentier class who barely get by and the tiny minority of owners who feel superior. It's just a very bad city to live.

I love going to foreign cities, just a much better feel.

ReputationRep:
    lol this is because they don't have a massive pot of family money

Im guilty of the same crime, to some extent, but then I don't make statements like that because I understand that a large part of my affluence is not something I have achieved myself. Important to stay grounded!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    How was your week queenie? get up to anything nice? I had the best week all year this week! :eek:
    It was hectic,you know how London life is like

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say that they were stuck up, but the ones I've met are quite rude and oblivious to everyone.

If people would just walk faster then there would be no problem

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt class myself as stuck up but i do ackowledge that we pretty much are better than everybody else.
    We have a certain kind of swagger and charisma that the rest do not have.
    We dress better.
    We have the best looking girls in not only england but the whole of britain.
    We are trend setters when it comes to style and culture.
    We smoke and drink less.
    We committ a lot less crime.(you watch the news or pick up a national newspaper and the majority of crime is comitted by people outside london,like up north and them sides)
    We live longer.
    We have more money.
    We have a lot less chavs.
    The list goes on.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.