Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you want to live in the town you grew up in forever? watch

ReputationRep:
    I move around too much, so I can't say I've stayed in one city for that long a period of tie, unless you count Armagh, in which case - No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willdono)
    Same here.
    LOL wow, which part of croydon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    LOL wow, which part of croydon?
    Purley.

ReputationRep:
    Purley.
    aww, im from thornton heath. how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    aww, im from thornton heath. how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    If Central London was more affordable, then sure. At the moment though, it's costing a lot of money to live in a very antisocial part of the globe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    If Central London was more affordable, then sure. At the moment though, it's costing a lot of money to live in a very antisocial part of the globe.
    since doesnt you and antisocial fit perfectly.

ying and yang no?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still living there now
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    God no, leaving at the first chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    since doesnt you and antisocial fit perfectly.

ying and yang no?
    But... but I want to change :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    I move around too much, so I can't say I've stayed in one city for that long a period of tie, unless you count Armagh, in which case - No.
    Armagh really is a rubbish town. I start a new job in Belfast tomorrow, so may finally be getting out and I can't wait. There's no way I would want to spend another year here, never mind the rest of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Living in liverpool my whole life wouldnt be awful and if that ends up happening i wouldn't regret it.
    However i would like to live somewhere in wales at some point and personally think liverpool wouldn't be high up on the list of places to raise any chuldren i have.

ReputationRep:
    I like to live in a big city where I can party anon but when i burn out or get skint i like to come home to my quiet little hometown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I wouldn't mind living in Ayr for the rest of my life. Its not as bad as other places in Scotland and has plenty of good travel connections.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I lived in ayrshire over the summer and could see myself living there in future- I really liked it!

In answer to the question, I can think of worse places to bring up kids than my home town, but don't really want them to get a small town mentality so would rather raise them in a city

ReputationRep:
    I'm from there too
    Same here.
    Same. Such a dump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was planning to do so, simply because I don't want to move too far from my family. But some of the laws they're passing in Texas now (along with demographic trends) are making it unbearable to stay here. It's not that I liked it here, it's just that I was comfortable here because I was used to it.

Now, I really hope I can at least get to another state. Maybe even Canada or the UK, depending on how things work out.

ReputationRep:
    It's really nice where I live, but boring.

I want to live somewhere more vibrant but take holidays back here to reminisce in my youth

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the town you live in, I live somewhere really nice but even then not sure I want to die here.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I like change

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.