Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Good luck with your apps, I was wondering how did you state which pathway you wanted to take on the UCAS or is that on the questionnaire? Also, it has been a week since I've applied and I've not received the questionnaire ... My application status on portico says they've received it though, so should i be worried or not so much since I don't have a rejection either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGeekGal)
    Hey guys! Good luck with your apps, I was wondering how did you state which pathway you wanted to take on the UCAS or is that on the questionnaire? Also, it has been a week since I've applied and I've not received the questionnaire ... My application status on portico says they've received it though, so should i be worried or not so much since I don't have a rejection either?
    When I applied I stated my is pathway on ucas but they'll give you the chance to write it on your questionnaire.
    Don't worry about not having received it yet because can be quite slow at processing applications. It took me 2 or 3 weeks to receive mine if I remember correctly!
    Hope this helps and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that has been to an applicant/test day, would you be able to tell me how you found it- is it the most competitive part of the application. I've been invited to one on the 9th so any advice would be really great.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am majoring in Health and Environment and minoring in Cultures. Thanks for your reply. But is there an option of doing a Biology question and a Chemistry question or 2 Biology questions, or is chemistry inevitable, basically?
    Was the Science just AS science that is a little expanded on, or more A2 level material?
    I will revise and this has helped a lot.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Quick question did you/anyone else end up using the internet, because in their email they said that was an option but could waste time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenorange)
    I am majoring in Health and Environment and minoring in Cultures. Thanks for your reply. But is there an option of doing a Biology question and a Chemistry question or 2 Biology questions, or is chemistry inevitable, basically?
    Was the Science just AS science that is a little expanded on, or more A2 level material?
    I will revise and this has helped a lot.
    Thanks!
    Yes, there was a biology question and a chemistry question, you could choose between the two if you were majoring in that pathway. I thought the biology question for people taking it as a major was really complicated to be honest, and you had to have knowledge of biology outside of the common A level/IB syllabus, which honestly caught me off guard (thankfully I didn't have to answer to it, I would have probably panicked). It is definitely based on AS stuff (enzymes, cells, metabolism and so on), but taken way further. You would have probably needed to do some research on modern biology and new discoveries to give an interesting answer.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question did you/anyone else end up using the internet, because in their email they said that was an option but could waste time?
    I don't know about anyone else, but I found that there was really no time to use the internet. Formulating an interesting/good answer was pretty challenging and took a lot of time for each question, I don't think anyone even tried to google anything because too focused on the writing. You definitely can, but I wouldn't suggest it, concentration was essential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martaganger)
    Yes, there was a biology question and a chemistry question, you could choose between the two if you were majoring in that pathway. I thought the biology question for people taking it as a major was really complicated to be honest, and you had to have knowledge of biology outside of the common A level/IB syllabus, which honestly caught me off guard (thankfully I didn't have to answer to it, I would have probably panicked). It is definitely based on AS stuff (enzymes, cells, metabolism and so on), but taken way further. You would have probably needed to do some research on modern biology and new discoveries to give an interesting answer.
    Okay thanks, as your minor did you only answer one question then?

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks, as your minor did you only answer one question then?
    Yep, one question if minor, two if major. If you majoring in Science and Engineering, one of the two had to be a maths/physics one, no choice on that one. If majoring in Health and Environment, one Biology or chemistry (as mentioned). There were loads of interesting psychology/anthropology questions on the Health and Environment pathway so I would suggest looking some stuff up just on those two subjects too so that if there's a nice question next time related to them you can give a try to that one.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, one question if minor, two if major. If you majoring in Science and Engineering, one of the two had to be a maths/physics one, no choice on that one. If majoring in Health and Environment, one Biology or chemistry (as mentioned). There were loads of interesting psychology/anthropology questions on the Health and Environment pathway so I would suggest looking some stuff up just on those two subjects too so that if there's a nice question next time related to them you can give a try to that one.
    Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm applying to Major in cultures and minor in health and environment
    what did everyone put on the UCAS application form? I'm not sure if I should put my pathway in the further details section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anchorheart)
    When I applied I stated my is pathway on ucas but they'll give you the chance to write it on your questionnaire.
    Don't worry about not having received it yet because can be quite slow at processing applications. It took me 2 or 3 weeks to receive mine if I remember correctly!
    Hope this helps and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I see, thank you ! Its been two weeks and I've heard nothing but Im still keeping up hope haha, and I didn't state my pathway but I hope that wont be too much of a problem.

Has anyone else that applied around two weeks ago heard anything back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGeekGal)
    Oh I see, thank you ! Its been two weeks and I've heard nothing but Im still keeping up hope haha, and I didn't state my pathway but I hope that wont be too much of a problem.

Has anyone else that applied around two weeks ago heard anything back?
    I forgot to state my pathway choice on my UCAS application too. When I got the questionnaire they asked me to specify my choice of major and minor at the bottom of the document. Don't worry about that 😊

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to state my pathway choice on my UCAS application too. When I got the questionnaire they asked me to specify my choice of major and minor at the bottom of the document. Don't worry about that 😊
    Oh okay, awesome!Thank you How long was it before you received the questionnaire?

ReputationRep:
    what does the test for science and eng consist of? i mean the maths questions and all that. i received an invitation and i am super confused. also, i m not from the uk, if i cannot come to the open day, how am i supposed to take the test? (nervous girl here, halp meh ) )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariacrri)
    what does the test for science and eng consist of? i mean the maths questions and all that. i received an invitation and i am super confused. also, i m not from the uk, if i cannot come to the open day, how am i supposed to take the test? (nervous girl here, halp meh ) )
    I wasn't from the UK neither and I had to do the test online at home, so you don't need to go to London. First you'll listen to a one hour lecture, then you will have to answer 3 questions: 2 on your major pathway, and 1 on your minor. I didn't choose Science and Engineering but you'll have anything related to maths, physics, etc. (so i cant really help you for the maths questions and all). They gave me 5 days to complete the test in an hour and thirty minutes

(Original post by mariacrri)
    Hi there, first of all, I would reply to the e-mail, notifying them that you won't be able to come. Later on (it might be a whole week later, don't worry if you have to wait a long time), they will send you a link to their moodle page, along with a username and a password with which you have access to the online test. There will be more detailed instructions attached to the e-mails. (It's like psambuy described it)

The maths question to me was just like any other ordinary maths question, so don't worry too much about it

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any offers yet?
    I got my offer around 10 days ago!

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer around 10 days ago!
    Well done!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.