Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How content are you? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'absurde)
    Really? You've never even had little moments, or bursts of happiness?
    I meant more in general, like an overarching contentment. Obviously there are moments of happiness but I think of being content as being satisfied with your life in general. I have constant fear of failure and need to achieve, which has of course been beneficial but not been a great platform for contentment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    I lied. I'm definitely not content. But thanks anyway.
    Awhh! You deceived me!

But *hugs* I hope you're content soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I meant more in general, like an overarching contentment. Obviously there are moments of happiness but I think of being content as being satisfied with your life in general. I have constant fear of failure and need to achieve, which has of course been beneficial but not been a great platform for contentment.
    That's sad. *hugs*

I don't think I'll ever be happy with my life in general but I have my happy moments and my down moments and I accept them both as they come. The ****ty moments teach me a lot.

ReputationRep:
    What is it that's stopping you all from being content?
    mostly because theres lot of people around me that aren't too happy/going through tough times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantalc)
    mostly because theres lot of people around me that aren't too happy/going through tough times.
    Ah that's a shame.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all content with my life. If I had good health I'd be extremely happy but until then my life will be not how I want it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's a shame.
    yeah, when everyone else is happy then I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantalc)
    yeah, when everyone else is happy then I'm happy.
    I know it's easier said than done, but don't let others' negative vibes bring you down. It's sad to see people when they're down though, I understand

ReputationRep:
    Not very.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keturah)
    Not at all content with my life. If I had good health I'd be extremely happy but until then my life will be not how I want it.
    You don't choose how your health will be but you can choose to accept it.
    Being ill sucks, I've been there and still am. Be strong, you can do it! *sprinkles fairy dust on you*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Not very.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I'm that content at the moment, though I'd like to make some changes to try and make myself feel better.

I'm feeling anxious most of the time (for no discernible reason mostly) and still adjusting to university life which is exacerbating it. I don't really have much motivation at the moment but I'll try my best.

ReputationRep:
    I am very happy.

I now have a job with one of the best companies in the world.

ReputationRep:
    You don't choose how your health will be but you can choose to accept it.
    Being ill sucks, I've been there and still am. Be strong, you can do it! *sprinkles fairy dust on you*
    I can't accept it though. I feel like I'm just existing not living, how can you enjoy life when you're in constant pain.
    Sorry to hear you are ill.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by keturah)
    I can't accept it though. I feel like I'm just existing not living, how can you enjoy life when you're in constant pain.
    That must be incredibly frustrating for you

Have you had tests to determine what the problem is, and is it something treatable?

(Apologies if you're not comfortable discussing this online!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davros)
    That must be incredibly frustrating for you

Have you had tests to determine what the problem is, and is it something treatable?

(Apologies if you're not comfortable discussing this online!)
    Yeah, I know there are people a lot worse off than me but still it really get me down.
    I have hyper mobile joint syndrome. My joints are too lax and constantly sublux and lock, plus I'm always getting soft tissue injuries. It also effects other parts of my body but mainly my joints.
    I've had to have spinal surgery but need another small operation. I'm hoping that will improve things a lot.

ReputationRep:
    when i feel down i think of people who are far less fortunate than myself. and that makes me feel worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    when i feel down i think of people who are far less fortunate than myself. and that makes me feel worse.
    At least you have empathy.

ReputationRep:
    It fluctuates. Lately, pretty much content-ish. Got a job, a car, a future. But I know I've got 3 more years of uni (minimum) to get where I want to be so that dents it a bit. Still, all limbs attached etc.

ReputationRep:
    With life, rather content. But not with myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.