Turn on thread page Beta

Did Muhammed (pbuh) love khadijah the most out of all his wives watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim123)
    'Tis, though I can't help but feel that me not understanding the lyrics takes away from the magic of it quite a bit. Can't wait for the day I can understand both Arabic and French so I can properly appreciate it without having to look up lyrics.
    It's a story of a woman playing hard to get

The guy offers her gold bars in return for marriage and she says they are nothing but metal and that what she really wants in rights and equality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Unless there's a direct quote by Muhammad himself how are you meant to know this? Reading a living person's mind is hard enough, never mind someone who's been dead for over a thousand years.
    I thought maybe it could be figured out through his actions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    I thought maybe it could be figured out through his actions?
    I'm not sure how that would definitively prove anything. It's very easy to do one thing and be thinking another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    It's a story of a woman playing hard to get

The guy offers her gold bars in return for marriage and she says they are nothing but metal and that what she really wants in rights and equality
    I know what it's about, I can read lyrics. :laugh: It's just that most of the time when I'm listening to music I don't like to bring up lyrics simultaneously, so unless I've recently looked up the lyrics and remember them, it's hard to figure out exactly what's being said... even so, my Arabic tends to be sufficient enough to get the gist of it.

x
    Nobody here can tell you. You're basically asking about the private life of a man who lived 1400 years ago. Anything you hear about it -- other than the absolute facts such as who he married, when he consummated the marriages -- is likely to be the wishful thinking of sentimental followers who'd like to imagine that he was this way or that way according to what they find to be admirable in a man.

ReputationRep:
    I know what it's about, I can read lyrics. :laugh: It's just that most of the time when I'm listening to music I don't like to bring up lyrics simultaneously, so unless I've recently looked up the lyrics and remember them, it's hard to figure out exactly what's being said... even so, my Arabic tends to be sufficient enough to get the gist of it.
    Well done for using google :/

ReputationRep:
    As for the actual OP, I feel like I've heard of references to A'isha (ra) being his favourite wife, so there might be some hadith stating that; have a look. This makes sense to me, what with all the narrations there are centering around the Prophet (S)'s and A'isha's relationship. Regarding Khadijah, there is the famous story of the necklace of hers he came across at some point after she'd passed away, which I've always found touching.

ReputationRep:
    Well done for using google :/
    You seem to be under the impression I just discovered the song?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why does it matter?

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be under the impression I just discovered the song?
    I meant google translate

ReputationRep:
    I meant google translate
    Why on Earth would I use Google Translate? Whenever I come across a song in a language that's beyond me (which is pretty often) whether that's Arabic, French or Farsi, the first thing I do is Google for lyrics, which - for songs/artists that are popular enough - appear on any of the main lyrics sites. I'm hardly going to listen to a song without knowing what it's about unless I really have to.

ReputationRep:
    Why on Earth would I use Google Translate? Whenever I come across a song in a language that's beyond me (which is pretty often) whether that's Arabic, French or Farsi, the first thing I do is Google for lyrics, which - for songs/artists that are popular enough - appear on any of the main lyrics sites. I'm hardly going to listen to a song without knowing what it's about unless I really have to.
    No tears.

ReputationRep:
    No tears.
    :curious:

ReputationRep:
    :curious:
    Only dreams now

ReputationRep:
    As for the actual OP, I feel like I've heard of references to A'isha (ra) being his favourite wife, so there might be some hadith stating that; have a look. This makes sense to me, what with all the narrations there are centering around the Prophet (S)'s and A'isha's relationship. Regarding Khadijah, there is the famous story of the necklace of hers he came across at some point after she'd passed away, which I've always found touching.
    Yes but I don't think it was Aisha because with the necklace story example. I don't know if we're talking about the same story so I'll repeat it

After he saw a necklace Khadijah used to wear years after her death he started to cry and then I think Aisha became really jealous and asked him if Khadijah was the only woman worthy of his love and I don't know how accurate I am but then I think he responded with 'she believed in me when no one else would' or something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    Only dreams now

ReputationRep:
    Yes but I don't think it was Aisha because with the necklace story example. I don't know if we're talking about the same story so I'll repeat it

After he saw a necklace Khadijah used to wear years after her death he started to cry and then I think Aisha became really jealous and asked him if Khadijah was the only woman worthy of his love and I don't know how accurate I am but then I think he responded with 'she believed in me when no one else would' or something along those lines.
    Some further cursory research makes me think you're probably right, it appears I was mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m3m)
    Really?! :eek: I had no idea...i always thought the prophet(pbuh) was her first husband. Wow. You learn something new everyday lol
    There's actually a big debate about this. Not all people even agree that he had more than one daughter. Some say that Fatima was his only daughter, others say he had three others (Ruqayyah, Umm Kulthum, and zainab) by way of Khadijah, and others say that their other three daughters were actually adopted orphan girls from Khadijah's deceased sister Halah bint khuwaylid.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.