Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you think the little kids going to turn out with a "dad" like that?

Blimey. Not surprised it was London again, the poor cannot afford to live there any more.

ReputationRep:
    Something needs to be done about these racist and islamophobic ignorant people.

Muslims are seen as different and weak,they shouldn't accept this and stand up against this nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Or find out what is making people angry and try and address the issues.
    Making someone 'angry' justifies racism?

ReputationRep:
    need to bring back the death penalty for people like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Something needs to be done about these racist and islamophobic ignorant people.

Muslims are seen as different and weak,they shouldn't accept this and stand up against this nonsense.
    They deliberately pick on weak people to take their racism out. Notice how both attacks were on women (pregnant as well) and a disabled man. I'd like to see them say this to a 20 something man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    On what basis do you say that? Would you say the same is true for the man he abused in the video?

It's very likely he's a second/third generation immigrant.
    As the man in the video was speaking with a accent that wasn't English it's easy to say he isn't English

But just because someone is a 3rd generation immigrant doesn't make them one

ReputationRep:
    But just because someone is a 3rd generation immigrant doesn't make them one
    I have no idea what this means.

What I said in my original post, and reaffirm, was that the black man's parents (or grandparents) probably didn't come from a stable, prosperous country, so it is hypocrisy and ignorance beyond belief for the black man to say that the man he called Turkish can't go back to Turkey because of "the bombs" etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    They deliberately pick on weak people to take their racism out. Notice how both attacks were on women (pregnant as well) and a disabled man. I'd like to see them say this to a 20 something man.
    Someone like me. The situation would be different.

ReputationRep:
    I am a white male who has been racially abused on buses before so yes its not the stereotypical white people only racists.

What is annoying is some of the responses assuming he must be on benefits, so racism=bad but nasty stereotypes about all bad people are on benefits = ok?!

ReputationRep:
    Making someone 'angry' justifies racism?
    making someone angry cause them to lash out in way people don't behave normally

But say for instance the old man said something racist to him and this started the argument could in this instance you understand the response?

And I'm still not sure what was said was racist. I heard him attack his faith and be rude about his family but what did he say that was actually racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    I am a white male who has been racially abused on buses before so yes its not the stereotypical white people only racists.
    What racist abuse were you subjected to for being white?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m3m)
    Har har.

No, i don't. And i don't care. All i know is that he's a disgusting racist and islamaphobe and that's enough :yy: Why are you sticking up for him anyway :curious:
    Yes I know right

what did he say that was Islamophobic?

I'm not sticking up for him I'm simply trying to understand the issue and what caused the argument.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. They think Muslims women are weak because apparently Islam treats them as second class citizens. Despicable. Muslims need to unite against islamophobia,everyone does and racism

ReputationRep:

What is annoying is some of the responses assuming he must be on benefits, so racism=bad but nasty stereotypes about all bad people are on benefits = ok?!
    When did anyone say it was only white people?

He most definitely is on benefits. You can tell.

ReputationRep:
    what did he say that was Islamophobic?
    Are you being retarded on purpose? Or are you actually this stupid? From what I've seen of your posts I'm inclined to favour the latter.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what this means.

What I said in my original post, and reaffirm, was that the black man's parents (or grandparents) probably didn't come from a stable, prosperous country, so it is hypocrisy and ignorance beyond belief for the black man to say that the man he called Turkish can't go back to Turkey because of "the bombs" etc.
    Where his parents come from is irrelevant and has no bearing on the issue (unless you are going to argue the children of immigrants born in this country should be considered as immigrants themselves)

ReputationRep:

Nobody said only whites are racist. Why do people keep repeating this over and over again

ReputationRep:
    Where his parents come from is irrelevant and has no bearing on the issue (unless you are going to argue the children of immigrants born in this country should be considered as immigrants themselves)
    It is relevant insofar as it exposes (and reaffirms) the ignorance and hypocrisy of the black man, for the reason I gave above.

ReputationRep:
    Are you being retarded on purpose? Or are you actually this stupid? From what I've seen of your posts I'm inclined to favour the latter.
    I'm asking what was said that was 'Islamophobic'

But as you seem to go for the personal attack I take it you're not a fan of the questioning mind. Which is odd given this is a student forum.

ReputationRep:
    It is relevant
    Only if you are a member of the BNP

Where his parents or grandparents come from is completely irreverent to what he said.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.