The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin University 16/17 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I've been sent an email from the admissions office asking for me to send them a portfolio for the Film and Television Production course. Part of this portfolio needs to include a letter of application saying why I want to do this course, what I want to get out of it etc. I feel like I haven't written enough and wondered if there was anything else that they want me to talk about that they don't know from my personal statement?
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by abssy
I've applied as well! Just waiting for a response. Mind me asking what grades you applied with?

I applied with predicted grades of BCC, yourself?
Original post by megbrooks
I've been sent an email from the admissions office asking for me to send them a portfolio for the Film and Television Production course. Part of this portfolio needs to include a letter of application saying why I want to do this course, what I want to get out of it etc. I feel like I haven't written enough and wondered if there was anything else that they want me to talk about that they don't know from my personal statement?

Hi!

Thanks for your message.

I've managed to speak to the course admissions officer, who has given some advice about how to write your letter of application. As you'll already be aware, all applicants are asked to write about the following:

- Why have you chosen to study this course at Cambridge School of Art?

- What are your hopes and expectations of the course?- What do you see yourself doing in the industry?

- Why should we offer you a place on the course?

Since all of the decisions we make are based on your interpretation of the questions, it wouldn't really help if you were told what to write. But, we're really interested in your interpretation of the questions. In this case, the most important thing you can do while answering the questions is to be true to yourself. Let your personality and passion shine through. You're aim is to convince the reader that you're passionate about the course, and that you're able to commit to the requirements on the course. I hope this helps!

Natalie :smile:
Original post by MichaelThunder
I was VERY happy to receive an unconditional offer from Anglia Ruskin University!

I'm now just waiting on a response from the final university I sent my application to before I can confirm ARU as my firm and then get started with student finance, accommodation, etc.

There are a few things I am nervous about but overall, I'm very excited! :h:

Congratulations!

We're very excited to have you start with us too! :smile:
Biting my nails waiting for a response! I'm so impatient haha, how quickly are responses usually sent? :smile:
Original post by rubyroseware
Biting my nails waiting for a response! I'm so impatient haha, how quickly are responses usually sent? :smile:

Hi!

Thanks for your message!

I know how nerve-wrecking it can be to wait for a response!

How soon you get a response really depends on what you're studying. If you drop me a Direct Message with your full name, the course you've applied for and some more details (i.e. whether you've applied to study in January or September), I'll try and find out how much longer it'll be before you get a response. Hopefully not too long from now!

- Natalie :smile:
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hi!

Thanks for your message!

I know how nerve-wrecking it can be to wait for a response!

How soon you get a response really depends on what you're studying. If you drop me a Direct Message with your full name, the course you've applied for and some more details (i.e. whether you've applied to study in January or September), I'll try and find out how much longer it'll be before you get a response. Hopefully not too long from now!

- Natalie :smile:

Okay, will do, thank you! :smile:
Original post by abssy
Just got an unconditional offer from Anglia Ruskin!

Same!
Reply 28
Original post by rubyroseware
Same!

Haha, Congrats :smile:
Received an unconditional offer for philosophy yesterday, soooo excited to start!!
Original post by ch3lsea_gray
Received an unconditional offer for philosophy yesterday, soooo excited to start!!

yay finally found someone studying philosophy!
Did anyone else go to the ARU open day on the 14th November? I was so looking forward to it, went and was so disappointed. Felt really disorganised, all the important talks that I wanted to attend clashed with each other, went to the campus for my subject with a student because there was no one else giving tours, she dropped us off there and said that there would be people inside to give us a tour but it was deserted! Not even sure if I'm going to consider the uni now
Original post by jessa_violet
Did anyone else go to the ARU open day on the 14th November? I was so looking forward to it, went and was so disappointed. Felt really disorganised, all the important talks that I wanted to attend clashed with each other, went to the campus for my subject with a student because there was no one else giving tours, she dropped us off there and said that there would be people inside to give us a tour but it was deserted! Not even sure if I'm going to consider the uni now

Hi jessa_violet

We’re really sorry to hear that. Could you private message us with your phone number and one of the team will give you a call?

Looking forward to speaking with you soon

Thanks

Natalie :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, when do you start giving out interview dates for Nursing (child) ?
Original post by emmawebb
Hi, when do you start giving out interview dates for Nursing (child) ?

Hi emmawebb

I hope you're well :smile:

Interviews for Child Nursing have commenced for both March and September intakes. Are you currently waiting for an interview date?

Natalie
I have applied to start midwifery in September 2016 my UCAS was submitted on the 5th novemeber and i just wondered when the next round of midwifery interview days were happening?

Kelly :smile:
Original post by dskkreationz
I have applied to start midwifery in September 2016 my UCAS was submitted on the 5th novemeber and i just wondered when the next round of midwifery interview days were happening?

Kelly :smile:

Hi Kelly!

Really glad to hear you've applied to study Midwifery with us! :smile:

As you can imagine, we have several applications for Midwifery as it's one of our most popular courses. Interviews have already started, and will continue until April 2016. Once the admissions officer has had a look at your application, they'll make a decision about interviewing you, and will contact you to give you some more information.

if you'd like to speak to someone directly about your application, you can call us on 01245686868.

Hope this helps!

Natalie
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hi emmawebb

I hope you're well :smile:

Interviews for Child Nursing have commenced for both March and September intakes. Are you currently waiting for an interview date?

Natalie

Hi Natalie. Yes I sent my application off last weds, recieved an email to say my application is being considered. Just waiting on word back now. Do you have an idea of the wait?
hi i applied to anglia ruskin to do optometry. I recieved and email saying that they have reecieved my application and then anlther email to say that they will not be able to offer me a place for optometry becaise my predicted grades are lower , they said that i can change to opthalmic dispensing if i wanted . so they said i would like to be considered for sipensing respond to their email within 10 days and if they dont hear from me they will send unsuccessful to ucas. I do not want to do this course so i have nt replied to the email. However it has now been 15 days and they have still not sent a rejection to ucas. It says on my track that i am still being considered ? what does this mean. do i still have a chance or has it just been delayed ? please let me know because i was very dissapointed when they told me they cant offre me a place .

thankyou

pooja
Reply 39
Original post by poojavparmar
hi i applied to anglia ruskin to do optometry. I recieved and email saying that they have reecieved my application and then anlther email to say that they will not be able to offer me a place for optometry becaise my predicted grades are lower , they said that i can change to opthalmic dispensing if i wanted . so they said i would like to be considered for sipensing respond to their email within 10 days and if they dont hear from me they will send unsuccessful to ucas. I do not want to do this course so i have nt replied to the email. However it has now been 15 days and they have still not sent a rejection to ucas. It says on my track that i am still being considered ? what does this mean. do i still have a chance or has it just been delayed ? please let me know because i was very dissapointed when they told me they cant offre me a place .

thankyou

pooja

If you have not done as they have asked then t means your application has been unsuccessful. It's probably just a delay with them updating your application because they have many other applications coming through. It might not be too late to accept their counter offer though, which I would accept as a back up if you don't want to firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending