Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Views on this? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Being gay is not a lifestyle. There is no respectful way of 'disagreeing' with homosexuality, just like there is no respectful way of disagreeing with being black or disabled or ginger or left handed.
    prsom

ReputationRep:
    Being gay is not a lifestyle. There is no respectful way of 'disagreeing' with homosexuality, just like there is no respectful way of disagreeing with being black or disabled or ginger or left handed.
    Disagree with you about the ginger part.

ReputationRep:
    It's simple. You don't tell them in a respectful manner.

The 'tolerate the intolerant' brigade is exhausting. Go away.
    I know it's like being told to be respectful to Nazis because not all of them were demented dickwads

But I agree you don't tolerate intolerance.

ReputationRep:
    Difference between Same sex attractions and having gay sex
    Thats what I meant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Thats what I meant
    Well, that makes no sense, since people who have same sex attractions do have gay sex, the two go hand in hand. Unless somebody has been so terrorized by Muslim homophobia that they never act on their feelings or come out and pretend to be heterosexual all their lives for fear of being disowned/murdered. In which case my point still stands, intolerance is intolerable, it ruins people's lives. Homophobia is not acceptable and and everything you have said so far is incredibly stupid.

ReputationRep:
    It's simple. You don't tell them in a respectful manner.

The 'tolerate the intolerant' brigade is exhausting. Go away.
    Stop saying agreeable things; I can't rep you enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Thats what I meant
    Just being semantic and nit-picky, you shouldn't categorise sex as "gay" sex, unless you simply mean that both the participants are gay.
    As soon as for that matter anal sex has lost its exclusivity to homosexuals it merely becomes a matter of demographics.
    Also don't conflate sexual behaviour with sexual orientation (even though you weren't necessarily doing this one eoe.).

Well, that makes no sense, since people who have same sex attractions do have gay sex, the two go hand in hand. Unless somebody has been so terrorized by Muslim homophobia that they never act on their feelings or come out and pretend to be heterosexual all their lives for fear of being /disownedmurdered. In which case my point still stands, intolerance is intolerable, it ruins people's lives. Homophobia is not acceptable and and everything you have said so far is incredibly stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Similarly, Muslims should not say hateful things against homosexuals. Saying things like " You will go to hell " or "you are filthy " is pretty disrespectful and hateful
    Indeed. But this is what their holy books tell them, so what you are saying is that Muslims cannot recite from their books, and maybe even ban their holy books......

(Original post by eoe)
    They should simply say we disagree without making any negative or rude remarks,

Thats it
    But some Muslims are offended and perceive rudeness from everything. If you say to a Muslim that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, you are tell him/her that their holy books are wrong, which would be perceived as very negative and rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    Indeed. But this is what their holy books tell them, so what you are saying is that Muslims cannot recite from their books, and maybe even ban their holy books......

But some Muslims are offended and perceive rudeness from everything. If you say to a Muslim that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, you are tell him/her that their holy books are wrong, which would be perceived as very negative and rude.
    The holy book does not tell us to hate or make rude and offensive remarks about anyone. Sorry you are wrong.

If Muslims get offended on the basis that you disagree with something, then they are being immature,

Secondly, in my experience, Gay people get far more offended when you tell them that you disagree with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    The holy book does not tell us to hate or make rude and offensive remarks about anyone. Sorry you are wrong.
    Eh, Islam's holy book is intended to be recited aloud, and communicated publicly. The contents of Islam's holy books are rude and offensive, so yes it does tell it's followers to make rude and offensive remarks.

(Original post by eoe)
    If Muslims get offended on the basis that you disagree with something, then they are being immature,
    And in my experience, an awful lot of Muslims are immature, particularly the fundamentalist and activist ones.

Which highlights the problems of trying to make rules about not offended people. Offence is subjective, so it's impossible to make rules about it, since anybody can claim their are offended by something if they don't want certain things said.

(Original post by eoe)
    Secondly, in my experience, Gay people get far more offended when you tell them that you disagree with them
    Well, there is some truth in this, though from my experience Muslims are far more sensitive than gay people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    TGay people get far more offended when you tell them that you disagree with them
    Why would you tell gay people you disagree with them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Well, I personally have not told anyone that. But some may think that a marriage/relationship is between a man and a woman.

ReputationRep:
    Well this is my view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Well, I personally have not told anyone that. But some may think that a marriage/relationship is between a man and a woman.
    Some may but as you don't agree with homophobia these people are wrong are they not so can be dismissed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Well, I personally have not told anyone that.
    So how do you know that gay people get more offended when challenged compared to Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    If that's what you think then it's little that gay people get more easily offended in your experience. It's an absurd and increasingly unacceptable position to have in our society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    you said in 'your experience'

what experience is this if you've never done this?

But can I ask you a direct Question

Do you have any issues with same sex marriage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Because he is a homophobe

ReputationRep:
    Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    So they wanted people to be killed because of how nature made them? :lolwut:

Justice has prevailed IMO.
    Where is your evidence that homosexuals are "born that way"? When studies have shown that if you take identical twins where one of them is homosexual that the other twin is not significantly more likely to be a homosexual too?

When studies have shown that people who are sexually abused as children are significantly more likely to be homosexuals in adulthood?

I wonder what your opinion on genetic racial and sexual differences are when those differences have more proof on the side of genetic causation than environmental?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.