Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

They are about to promote the wrong person watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    So when he was doing the old role, which everyone admits he wasn't good at, his performance wasn't very good. This means that now he's doing a new role, which everyone admits he is better at, he shouldn't get a promotion even though he's better. Because this makes complete sense.

Or not.
    It makes no sense for the reasons above

The other guy was placed on the tills because he wasn't good at his original job of stock loading. How is fair that he should get a promotion as a result of his lack of skill, and the correlative lack of exposure the OP has to using tills?

He was employed to do one job which as the OP stated was urgent, and he failed. He should've been fired, but the employer has been kind to him.

You've resorted to emotional reasons like whining. I've stated logical and pragmatic reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaqk)
    He doesnt suck up to managers either. Matter of fact. one of the managers told me on the 1st-2nd week that he wont be here for very long due to the way he works,
    Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Also, one manager out of how many? He's clearly been overruled if the guy was moved departments instead of being sacked.

Also, is he getting this promotion now because he saw an internal vacancy and applied for it? Or was he just approached out of the blue about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Also, one manager out of how many? He's clearly been overruled if the guy was moved departments instead of being sacked.

Also, is he getting this promotion now because he saw an internal vacancy and applied for it? Or was he just approached out of the blue about it?
    I think they have been meaning to either give him or me this promotion for 2-3 weeks. So it's basically a kind of competition. But what I'm annoyed about is what they are comparing us with (till work) which he is ahead of me in terms of experience due to being on it for longer. They aren't promoting based on the jobs which we were hired to do.

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like an application of the Peter Principle in the case of the colleague who is being promoted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.