Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    Am I I? hadn't noticed I thought I was just posting like normal.

Well you know what they say.

it takes one, to know one, right?
    Let us both "know" each other (biblical sense) (no homo)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    I think the reverse question is more interesting. Why do boys prefer girls who are more stupid than them?
    Satisfies a subconscious need to feel like we're the superior in some way. Rather ****ed up but it's true in many cases (obviously exceptions) . The male in the relationship is often more popular or more confident & secure, more driven or at the very least equal in in all of the above, except often worse looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackFletch)
    I honestly can't tell if thats sarcasm or not haha
    being serious... intelligent guys strike good conversation I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous;[url="tel:60049115")
    60049115[/url]]I know one guy in my school who is like a total braniac he got 10 A*'s at GCSE and got the best grades in our school at AS. He isn't ugly but certainly not some kind of supermodel plus he's scrawny as ****. I'd rate him around a 7 or something. Yet for some reason loads of girls seem to like him and he seems to speak to a fair amount of girls who seem to want him (granted half are underage). Before anyone says anything about his personality I seriously doubt it's that since he's a bit of a cocky ******** and cried when his girlfriend broke up with him.

That leaves intelligence as the main factor for attraction. I think his ex claimed she was attracted to him because of the A*'s and the fact he had a big knob. Furthermore I've noticed that when I mention I'm applying to Cambridge girls suddenly seem far more interested in me than they previously were, despite it literally changing absolutely nothing about myself.

Girls is intelligence a big turn on for you? If so why? Is it the developing gold digger in you?
    Intelligence is always attractive and combine this with 7/10 attractiveness (ie above average) and it's not surprising he does well. Mind you, there is a proviso, if you have a nasty arrogant personality then you might not do as well as you hope..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    You should give women more credit than this, there is something much impressive about a self-made millionaire than there is some guy who just won the lottery. It's not just about the money, it's about the story.
    That much is true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    All the guys I've crushed on are high achievers, but that's probably just a coincidence
    coincidence she says lmao

ReputationRep:
    Basically guys who can debate well I guess, and have an Oxbridge degree then?

ReputationRep:
    All the guys I've crushed on are high achievers, but that's probably just a coincidence
    *Said every Cambridge applicant ever.

ReputationRep:
    Girls are attracted to men who are passionate about something; the thing itself isn't as big a deal as your drive to be the best at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    being serious... intelligent guys strike good conversation I guess
    Nice to know someone does!

ReputationRep:
    I'm at an all girls school and honestly most of them go for any guy just so they can say they have a boyfriend (but being fit does help)

(Original post by ParadiseFound)
    coincidence she says lmao
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    *Said every Cambridge applicant ever.

It's just the guys I spend more time around

ReputationRep:

It's just the guys I spend more time around
    Again

All the people you had crushes on were Oxbridge applicants (or most of them).

(Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    Again

All the people you had crushes on were Oxbridge applicants (or most of them).
    Lmao no

Only 1 out of 5 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    "Women may fall when there is no strength in men"

William Shakespeare

:o:

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes!

ReputationRep:
    Girls don't like boys they like cars and money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Girls is intelligence a big turn on for you? If so why? Is it the developing gold digger in you?
    LMAO, this made my day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know one guy in my school who is like a total braniac he got 10 A*'s at GCSE and got the best grades in our school at AS. He isn't ugly but certainly not some kind of supermodel plus he's scrawny as ****. I'd rate him around a 7 or something. Yet for some reason loads of girls seem to like him and he seems to speak to a fair amount of girls who seem to want him (granted half are underage). Before anyone says anything about his personality I seriously doubt it's that since he's a bit of a cocky ******** and cried when his girlfriend broke up with him.

That leaves intelligence as the main factor for attraction. I think his ex claimed she was attracted to him because of the A*'s and the fact he had a big knob. Furthermore I've noticed that when I mention I'm applying to Cambridge girls suddenly seem far more interested in me than they previously were, despite it literally changing absolutely nothing about myself.

I am definitely more attracted to guys who are intelligent because, as I class myself as a fairly intelligent person, I would not want to be constantly explaining school things or general world issues to someone. I also enjoy having intelligent conversations with people so I would like to know that a guy was capable of having these conversations

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.