Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramo_howin)
    Well, Sheffield is where my parents are from and whenever I visit the UK I spend most of the time there (I live in Spain currently). I know and love the city, I have family there and I went on a Campus tour at the uni and absolutely loved it.

I wasn't completely sure what course I wanted to do when I sent the application, but I also wanted to send it off as soon as possible and, to be honest, whatever science course I would have done at Sheffield i would have been happy.

As far as my Personal Statement, it was geared more towards biology. However I centred it more around my childhood experience in Spain on a boat. I added a few sentences about my interest in the connection between biology and chemistry, and about having an interest in animal behaviour, and a genetics study my teacher had done.

As for the grades. I'm studying the Spanish baccalaureate and I'm predicted an 8'7, which is halfway between an AAB and an AAA. I have an offer asking for an AAB, ie an 8'5. Also I need a 9 in Biology and either chemistry or maths.

Good luck on getting an offer! What are you applying for?
    Thanks, I'm applying for biochemistry, but I just sent off a few days ago so don't know how long it'll take.

I went to Sheffield for the 1st time on their open day & was really impressed with the place, so fingers crossed :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer last week for BSc Biology (AAB)!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on all your offers! It seems to be AAB across the board. I hope you all get in

ReputationRep:
    Only just found this thread, but I got an offer last weak for Civil and Structural Engineering (AAA)!!! Well done guys!!

ReputationRep:
    I've created a Facebook group for all of us applicants - feel free to join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1626932984234802/

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer! ABB for Korean Studies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellalalaxo)
    yaaaass so proud of you!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellalalaxo)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasienka)
    I hope we both get in omg it will be awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for BioMed!! Although it is my backup to medicine but getting an offer feels nice regardless
    Well done to everyone who got offers and good luck to all those waiting!:grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cpie21)
    I got an offer for BioMed!! Although it is my backup to medicine but getting an offer feels nice regardless
    Well done to everyone who got offers and good luck to all those waiting!:grouphugs:
    congratulations. when did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auntynelly)
    congratulations. when did you apply if you don't mind me asking?
    Thank you! And I applied on the 14th I think.
    Have you also applied for biomed?

ReputationRep:
    no, biology and i applied on the 19th. i'm just starting to get nervous now as it feels like a long time with no offers yet!

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer yesterday for engineering with a year in industry(AAA)!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else had an offer for English Language and Linguistics?

ReputationRep:
    I got an unofficial offer for biochemistry. It doesnt say the required grades, the letter I received wants me to come to an informal interview/open day first.

I sent in application mid september.

ReputationRep:
    ok so I'm new to TSR but i have an AAB offer for History!
    May or may not be my first choice - it's between Sheffield or York!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr111)
    Got an offer today for Biomed!
    AAB or ABB with a B in the EPQ
    How long did it take for you to get a reply? I'm still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natwhite0)
    Anyone else had an offer for English Language and Linguistics?
    I'm waiting for an offer for lit if that's any comfort 😂 where else have you applied? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashhbh)
    ok so I'm new to TSR but i have an AAB offer for History!
    May or may not be my first choice - it's between Sheffield or York!
    Well done! When did you send off your application? I've applied to both Sheffield and York for History too!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.