Turn on thread page Beta

Best shoes for nursing? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people are suggesting Crocs, which I'm sure are comfy, but they have holes in. You go to give an injection or you're helping a doctor cannulate or something, and you drop a needle, you might have a painful toe and a lot of paperwork to be filling out. Get something closed-toe

ReputationRep:
    Also regarding crocs if you get bodily fluids on them it will more than likely go through the holes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahLaura)
    Also regarding crocs if you get bodily fluids on them it will more than likely go through the holes
    :dice:

ReputationRep:
    Not all crocs have holes in! They have designed special ones for healthcare workers, worth checking them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehsammy)
    I start work as a pre-registration nursing student in 2 weeks time and I am trying to sort out my uniform this week.

The policy for shoes for uniformed staff at my hospital is "Shoes must be fully enclosed, water repellent, flat heeled, in good condition, a goodfit and in an appropriate colour. Footwear must be soft soled for reduced noise"

I will be working long shifts so need shoes that not only fit the hospitals uniform policy but are also comfortable and will last me a long time money isn't really an issue as long as they are durable! Do any of you have any recommendations? I was looking at possibly Doc Martens shoes as I know these can be comfy and last a long time, but I am not sure these are soft soled.

Please help!
    Black slip on loafers, especially Clarks and Dansko ones.
    Attached Images

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.