Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

does anyone listen to rock anymore ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is true, most people just like the mainstream stuff of the last few years.. I have barely met people who listens to my fav bands (Aerosmith, Van Halen, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, etc) Most kids like their hit songs but wouldnt listen to a whole album or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    YES. I am a real fan of anything 'hard rock'.

Though I don't like it when you delve too far into the heavy metal genre such that everything in the track becomes incoherent. Still gotta have some decent rhythm and lyrical progression.
    That's a shame, you're missing out on some gems by not delving.

I can understand that death metal, grindcore, etc, aren't everyones' cup of tea... but what about atmospheric black metal? Doom? (the last verse nearly has me in tears every time. I've never heard someone with such an emotional depth to their vocals before, and it carries over to 40 Watt Sun [the band he formed after Warning] too). Stoner doom?

There's more to metal than being all shouty and screamy y'know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    That's a shame, you're missing out on some gems by not delving.

I can understand that death metal, grindcore, etc, aren't everyones' cup of tea... but what about atmospheric black metal? Doom? (the last verse nearly has me in tears every time. I've never heard someone with such an emotional depth to their vocals before, and it carries over to 40 Watt Sun [the band he formed after Warning] too). Stoner doom?

There's more to metal than being all shouty and screamy y'know
    'K, I take it back I'm liking all of those tracks...

ReputationRep:
    A few of us still listen to proper music, yes.

ReputationRep:
    The way I see it, nothing's 'happened'; society's music tastes just got worse overall. I've found quite a few people at uni who, like me, listen to rock music though

ReputationRep:
    I do, not really into the older stuff. Fav genre is alternative rock.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.