Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I want to ask my guy friend out on a date. But how? watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What are tings and what is linking?
    To be honest, I'm ancient so linking might not mean anything to the youth of today. Tings are are things, and in this case they are all the great things you want to make use of. Lol.

(Original post by tania<3)
    Aww this is so cute!

I hope he says yes

As for advice just be yourself really, if you overthink it you'll end up worrying over it and stuff. So have a rough idea of what you wanna say but not have it, like, scripted :P
    Thank you Yes that's a good point I will think roughly about what to say, but not script it out

ReputationRep:
    "lets go out. But only you and me"

(Original post by ByronicHero)
    To be honest, I'm ancient so linking might not mean anything to the youth of today. Tings are are things, and in this case they are all the great things you want to make use of. Lol.
    Were you talking about showing cleavage? :blush:

(Original post by pagorai)
    "lets go out. But only you and me"
    Oo I like that way of saying it... Very smooth :cool:

ReputationRep:
    The worst is a rejection which at least leaves me free to find someone who does like me
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    lol if you just ask him to go out somewhere with you he'l probably think it's as friends.

ReputationRep:
    Oo I like that way of saying it... Very smooth :cool:
    Smooth as silk

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    lol if you just ask him to go out somewhere with you he'l probably think it's as friends.
    What should I say/do on top of that then?

We don't usually go out alone... Should I ask him to something more date-ish like a nice dinner at a restaurant? Rather than say coffee?

(Original post by John55)
    Throw your excrement at him and present him your hind quarters
    Your lemon avatar is cute However I might have to give your suggestion a miss!

ReputationRep:
    Okay so, I'm a hopeless romantic and so is my guy. When I asked him to be mine he had to ask if that was what I was asking cause it was so awkward and rambly.

My personal favourite way to ask my guy out is to write a small letter asking him if he wants to go somewhere with me on a certain day to do whatever he wants for a date. But you can also give options. Say in the letter though that if he doesn't see you in that way to tell you that you're just a friend and you can just go out together only as friends.

I hope this makes sense and it maybe helps? Xx

ReputationRep:
    Your lemon avatar is cute However I might have to give your suggestion a miss!
    Guess you don't want to date your guy friend after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_Melling)
    Okay so, I'm a hopeless romantic and so is my guy. When I asked him to be mine he had to ask if that was what I was asking cause it was so awkward and rambly.

My personal favourite way to ask my guy out is to write a small letter asking him if he wants to go somewhere with me on a certain day to do whatever he wants for a date. But you can also give options. Say in the letter though that if he doesn't see you in that way to tell you that you're just a friend and you can just go out together only as friends.

I hope this makes sense and it maybe helps? Xx
    Do you ever put anything fun in there like, y'know, a gift voucher or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    Do you ever put anything fun in there like, y'know, a gift voucher or something?
    No but thanks for the idea!!! Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_Melling)
    No but thanks for the idea!!! Xx
    Your welcome

(Original post by tania<3)
    Aww this is so cute!

I hope he says yes

As for advice just be yourself really, if you overthink it you'll end up worrying over it and stuff. So have a rough idea of what you wanna say but not have it, like, scripted :P
    He said no
    (Original post by bull699)
    The 'friend zone' is an illusion.Just go for it. What's the worst that could happen?
    I'm definitely in the friendzone he rejected me.
    (Original post by Zarek)
    I like your strategy. Seems hopeful he's up for it. Suggest a coffee and a walk maybe. Avoid the texting option, face to face is best and ultimately far less nerve racking than waiting for a reply. Good luck. Let us know what happens..
    I asked and he said no

ReputationRep:
    He said no
    I'm definitely in the friendzone he rejected me.I asked and he said no
    Moment of silence for our sister in the friendzone

(Original post by BlindingLight)
    Moment of silence for our sister in the friendzone
    Thank you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous;[url="tel:60303341")
    60303341[/url]]He said no
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Plenty more fish in the sea

He said no
    Awwww hunny!:hugs: You were very brave to ask him and at least now you know! Chin up and don't be disheartened.:hugs:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.