Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do petit females date guys their own height? watch

Announcements
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm 5'2" and have dated guys with heights ranging from 5'4" to about 7ft. My fiance is 5'10''. I agree with others, that it's about the person and not the height.

(Original post by Pheonixfeather3)
    My cousin is about 5'6", her boyfriend is about 5'2", maybe smaller. They don't care about the height difference
    Really? ooohh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    I'm 5'2" and have dated guys with heights ranging from 5'4" to about 7ft. My fiance is 5'10''. I agree with others, that it's about the person and not the height.
    7ft?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Really? ooohh
    yep. They've been going out 7/8 years this year
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    7ft?!
    I think so. I'm Dutch, so used to meters and centimeters, not feet and inches. He was 2 meters 10.

We did get laughed at at the school dance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    I think so. I'm Dutch, so used to meters and centimeters, not feet and inches. He was 2 meters 10.

We did get laughed at at the school dance.
    You're around 1.57m and he was... 2.10m

he was 34% taller than you

:eek4:

ReputationRep:
    If you dont mind me asking you, how was it dating the 5'4 guy? Akward at times? or like you said, was he just a nice person and you didnt care about his height? And how it compared to your other dates and your current partner??
    Sorry I don't know why I was anon there anon 3 was me. Yeah with the smaller guy it was actually really cute being able to stand and look right into his eyes rather than looking up. No I would not say it was awkward at all and I really liked him a lot probably the biggest crush in my life I never thought about his height. If anything I don't like tall guys because my dad is very tall (6'4") and he is arrogant, but that's my own issue that I displace onto taller men and probably why I prefer medium height physically. But at the end of the day the connection to the person can override all of that for me. I would still date my current boyfriend if he was smaller or taller. Also I feel being short myself beggars can't be choosers!

You might have your work cut out for you but see it as a filter if anything you can going to cut out some shallow-ass girls and the ones you do attract will be more genuine.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    You're around 1.57m and he was... 2.10m

he was 34% taller than you

:eek4:
    Haha yep! But a lovely guy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft
    With heels I'm about 5'3-4
    Shortest would be 5'6 I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being 5'3 I personally would prefer to date a guy that is taller than me, although I have had crushes on short guys

ReputationRep:
    Of course they do

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by jazjaz)

You might have your work cut out for you but see it as a filter if anything you can going to cut out some shallow-ass girls and the ones you do attract will be more genuine.
    But its trying to find someone who is a tad shorter than me thats the hard part. Then its trying to find someone who is attracted to me and me to them. Then I kinda prefer someone whos same nationality as me. And its like, if I dooo find someone who fits into that bracket, I probably wont find someone like that again and it creates pressure to go up to that person and ask them out or however dating works haha! :3

E.g Men who are 5'10+, and out of a group of (x number of) women, they can choose out of 98% of them. For small people like me, its most likely just about 2%.! Sorry if I havent made any sense haha.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Manlets.

I'm 6' 2".

I dated a girl who was 4' 10". I kinda liked it....

(Original post by ByronicHero)
    Manlets.

I'm 6' 2".

I dated a girl who was 4' 10". I kinda liked it....
    Holy cow!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Holy cow!
    She was cute doe....

(Original post by ByronicHero)
    She was cute doe....
    ah the dream of finding someone...</3

ReputationRep:
    Someone that's 4'9 wouldn't mind I guess because they can wear a 2 inch heel and still be shorter 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I was in year 7 I dated someone my height xD sorry but I probs wouldn't go smaller... I'm 5'2
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    ah the dream of finding someone...</3
    it will happen

(Original post by spiritless98)
    Someone that's 4'9 wouldn't mind I guess because they can wear a 2 inch heel and still be shorter 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends, just gonna be hard trying to that someone who is comfortable with my height :3

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.