Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do ugly/average people get a kick out of criticising attractive people's looks? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I can't deny when someone is good looking, criticising doesn't do anything for me. I will resent them though.

(Original post by SwedishRedhead)
    I agree lmao
    A few posts in and you been strawmanning which I'm sure you would have done regardless of me being in anon. :rofl: It seems like you only want others to agree with you that's why you've yet to actually refute my first post and that's why you've ignored alexschmalex's post.

ReputationRep:
    Engaging In personal attacks with nothing to gain is a sign of insecurity, poor judgment and inferiority.

I don't lower myself to such things.

ReputationRep:
    i don't criticise attractive looks, i bloody admire them
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Perhaps. I think people love to criticize others but it's more socially acceptable to "punch up". So it's better for an ugly poor person to make snide comments about posh attractive '*****' than the reverse.

ReputationRep:
    Usually ugly people get the most abuse

ReputationRep:
    Society seems to be run by losers

You get ugly people saying attractive people are superficial

You get poor people saying guys who drive flash cars are compensating for micropenis

You get loners saying people in the cool crowd are mindless

Just seems like a race to the bottom, like who has the biggest sob story.

ReputationRep:
    we need to look past the issue of looks and look at the inner qualities of a person. sure there are bound to be people with great hair, nice teeth and smooth complexion. but that should not blind us from whether is there any truth in what they are saying or any logic in what they're doing.

ReputationRep:
    Only if they are insecure.

I have had this done to me. I don't consider myself to be great looking more, average but I have been criticised by a guy in work about my looks. He called me ugly in front of a few people, to one quite attractive girl (who I kinda liked) laughed at what he said..
    Made me feel great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Perhaps. I think people love to criticize others but it's more socially acceptable to "punch up". So it's better for an ugly poor person to make snide comments about posh attractive '*****' than the reverse.
    Yes thats true.

For example, it's more acceptable in society for women to be skinny than overweight, so seen as better if an overweight girl tells a skinny one to "eat a burger" than if the skinny one tells her to lose weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    Society seems to be run by losers

You get ugly people saying attractive people are superficial

You get poor people saying guys who drive flash cars are compensating for micropenis

You get loners saying people in the cool crowd are mindless

Just seems like a race to the bottom, like who has the biggest sob story.
    PRSOM :lol:

Its also fashionable to hate on things just because they are popular. I swear hipsters are becoming more common haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.