Going for a visit day tomorrow, applied for MEng Maths and Computer Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NamelessPersona)
    Going for a visit day tomorrow, applied for MEng Maths and Computer Science
    Good Luck! I'm going next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownDude)
    Good Luck! I'm going next week.
    I'm going that day as well, I guess you'll be the confused silhouette looking guy?

ReputationRep:
    Just got a offer of AA! So happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hareve)
    Nice one! Are you missing another A or do you only need two A's because you've already done Maths A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    Nice one! Are you missing another A or do you only need two A's because you've already done Maths A2?
    Thanks! Ive already done Maths A2 yeah.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going that day as well, I guess you'll be the confused silhouette looking guy?
    Hahahaha, I'll message ya nearer to the day so we can meet up!

Congrats! Any tips on the Pre-Offer day?

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha, I'll message ya nearer to the day so we can meet up!

Congrats! Any tips on the Pre-Offer day?
    Its honestly nothing to stress over at all, it is basically them showing off the University and convincing us to firm them. At the start of the informal group interview, we were told that the interviewer does not feed back to the admissions officer and so it doesnt actually affect your application (which does contradict what we were told at the start of the day but I trust the interviewer more than the presentation.) Felt like a group tutorial basically very very calm with only 3 general questions asked. (Questions were what in CompSci interests you? What Work Experience have you had? (or if none say about a project) and what previous compsci stuff have you done)

ReputationRep:
    Its honestly nothing to stress over at all, it is basically them showing off the University and convincing us to firm them. At the start of the informal group interview, we were told that the interviewer does not feed back to the admissions officer and so it doesnt actually affect your application (which does contradict what we were told at the start of the day but I trust the interviewer more than the presentation.) Felt like a group tutorial basically very very calm with only 3 general questions asked. (Questions were what in CompSci interests you? What Work Experience have you had? (or if none say about a project) and what previous compsci stuff have you done)
    Thank you very much for the heads up!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for the heads up!
    No problem! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    It's just theres not much advertising for a Computer Science degree like Cambridge and Imperial. It just seems boring based on their 4 year old video. However, in the recent, I've seen graduates from Cambridge telling me that Bristols Computer Science department is very good so I really dont know because I haven't seen much yet. Guess I have to wait till the Pre-Offer day.
    Bristol was my second choice university, but after the visit day I would say it is probably tied for first with Bath.

Also, for the group interview thing the guy just had a sheet with some notes about our personal statements and he went round asking each of us one thing. After that we just had a general discussion about topics in CS, for example computational complexity. Overall it was pretty relaxed and as long as you didn't lie on your PS it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol was my second choice university, but after the visit day I would say it is probably tied for first with Bath.

Also, for the group interview thing the guy just had a sheet with some notes about our personal statements and he went round asking each of us one thing. After that we just had a general discussion about topics in CS, for example computational complexity. Overall it was pretty relaxed and as long as you didn't lie on your PS it should be fine.
    Nice! Im guessing it should be good. I suggest you go with Bristol since its computer science departmeny is great!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck
    it should be fine.
    Just wondering, what did most people wear to the visit day?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, what did most people wear to the visit day?
    Informal things, the type that theyd regularly wear on the weekend with the exception of one person in a suit and a couple vaguely smart shirts.
    I personally wore a t shirt and skinny jeans.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for AAB

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for AAB
    Well done! Is that a contextual offer?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Is that a contextual offer?
    Thanks, and yeah it is contextual

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer! Im guessing its AAA since Im doing Maths and Further Maths
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Got an offer! Im guessing its AAA since Im doing Maths and Further Maths
    Congrats man!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just received an invitation for a visit day on the 16th. Pretty excited, and it seems to be a more informal interview just asking me questions like why computer science, why Bristol, etc. Nothing scary then hopefully, but any advice would be great.

Anyway, has anyone else received an invite for the 16th as well?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.