The Student Room Group

How do you go about expressing interest to a shy, inexperienced guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by driftawaay
U sure he isnt gay tho?

Positive :wink:
Reply 21
Ask him out yourself then teach him the ropes. You'll have to wear the trousers :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm that's interesting... I was always dismissive and thought that the guys who were hung up about those kind of stuff were just chasing the wrong girls i.e. the shallow hot girl types but that is just my view (most women? really?) but maybe I'm wrong. Those things don't really matter when it comes to making a lasting relationship, which is what I'm after. But yes you are right he is probably terrified and maybe he has those thought too and is scared of measuring up, in which case the least I could do is make the first move.

It's probably not "most women" in reality, but these things are always subjective. Every five minutes there's some thread that comes up to the side here ---->>>>
titled something like, "He's 23 and and he's only slept with 3 women - should I bother?" and sitting there reading that as an inexperienced person, it tends to make you withdraw into yourself.

Perhaps you're right. Maybe it is only the "shallow hot girl types" who have that kind of attitude. One thing I can't stand about the culture we (seem to) live in is that the person who's done jack **** of any real interest in their life but has considerable sexual experience enjoys greater acclaim than the person who hasn't had the same experiences but has done some cool things during their time. But again, it's perception. I guess it's the latter people who tend to go quietly about their interesting lives, whereas it's the shallow ones who need to go around shouting about their (non-) accomplishments to gain self-esteem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending