Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you sign off texts with 'x'? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I used to send x's depending on how much i like someone but now i can't be bothered

ReputationRep:
    Maybe at night time, if it's someone I like

ReputationRep:
    Only when they do it but I hate how it looks like a typo.

ReputationRep:
    Depends who it is.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I tell people who do that I don't as soon as I start talking to them. Like a warning: "hey, btw, I'm not being rude, but I refuse to send kisses because they make life too complicated and waste my characters."

ReputationRep:
    No!

ReputationRep:
    Only with friends and family. Although I did accidentally send off a text to my piano tutor/lecturer once with 'x' to end. I mostly avoid thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    If it's someone I like or family members

(Original post by godivaontherocks)
    Only with friends and family. Although I did accidentally send off a text to my piano tutor/lecturer once with 'x' to end. I mostly avoid thinking about it.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I did that to my mates once, they didn't shut up about it for a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    I did that to my mates once, they didn't shut up about it for a week.
    I was very worried he'd think I had a crush on him! I was on the train and in a rush so didn't even realise what I was texting at the time. Poor guy lol

ReputationRep:
    nah m8 dats gay.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend and I have always ended our texts to each other with 'xx' every single text but she is the only person and we have done this since forever and whenever we don't usually one of us is upset or something but otherwise nope

ReputationRep:
    I was very worried he'd think I had a crush on him! I was on the train and in a rush so didn't even realise what I was texting at the time. Poor guy lol
    That could have turned out pretty badly lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    Nope. I tell people who do that I don't as soon as I start talking to them. Like a warning: "hey, btw, I'm not being rude, but I refuse to send kisses because they make life too complicated and waste my characters."
    Doesn't it look like a typo. Like your pinky caughht the x by mistake and you sent too fast lol

ReputationRep:
    First post that's made me literally chuckle and weep a bit too.

ReputationRep:
    I do it quite a lot :lolwut: and judging from these responses I need to start limiting them lol. I usually put an x to someone when they're being nice to me or I'm being nice to them. I see it as something genuine but I guess a lot of people perceive it as fake

ReputationRep:
    I do with some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    That could have turned out pretty badly lol.
    For sure, yeah. He's German so I was a bit worried about how he would interpret that. But my boyfriend is also German and told me he probably wouldn't care. Although maybe he said this for my peace of mind... That tutor is also usually very formal, more than most lecturers so who knows what he thought of it lol

ReputationRep:
    Family, yes. Best friend, when I say night. Everyone else, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.