Turn on thread page Beta

Would any girl out there date a guy noticeably shorter than them? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you date a guy 3/4 inches + shorter than you?
    Yes
    29.41%
    No
    70.59%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Only closed minded girls do that.

When they ask why I always remind them you can't find gold by looking up, you have to look down.
    Well you can't judge someone's character by their height, and say short is gold and tall is not, that in itself is slightly closed minded. :/

And being tall is an attractive masculine trait,and females are attracted to what they are attracted to, if they find height attractive then so be it. :/

But honestly being shorter than your partner must be quite emasculating for the male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    Well you can't judge someone's character by their height, that in itself is slightly closed minded. :/

And being tall is an attractive masculine trait,and females are attracted to what they attracted to, if they find height attractive then so be it. :/

But honestly being shorter than your partner must be quite emasculating for the male.
    You know there are some studies which seem to suggest that shorter men have lower divorce rates, do more housework and make better boyfriends and husbands than average to tall sized guys.

Also, speaking from my own personal experience here, my shorter boyfriends were definatly a lot nicer than my tall boyfriends. They look good on your arm but generally that's about it.

I get what your saying about character and height but in my own experience shorter guys make considerably better boyfriends.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but he has to be taller than me even if I have heels on. Short guys are deal breakers!

ReputationRep:
    You know there are some studies which seem to suggest that shorter men have lower divorce rates, do more housework and make better boyfriends and husbands than average to tall sized guys.

Also, speaking from my own personal experience here, my shorter boyfriends were definatly a lot nicer than my tall boyfriends. They look good on your arm but generally that's about it.

I get what your saying about character and height but in my own experience shorter guys make considerably better boyfriends.
    Well that sounds interesting, do you have any substantial sources or proof for your claim that shorter men make better husbands than those of taller stature?:eyeball::eyball:

ReputationRep:
    Well that sounds interesting, do you have any substantial sources or proof for your claim that shorter men make better husbands than those of taller stature?:eyeball::eyball:
    Some study done by New York University:

perfect-man-short-men-likely-be-better-life-partners-more-money-300358

ReputationRep:

You don't seem very angry

:eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Oops, ignore the last post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5731688.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stochasticking)
    You don't seem very angry

:eyeball:
    Are you being sarcastic? Can't tell, seriously. Got aspergers.

ReputationRep:
    Are you being sarcastic? Can't tell, seriously. Got aspergers.
    No, bad joke about your username.
    Keep preaching about good things that come in short packages. I need someone to fight my battles for me

ReputationRep:

Hey! I'm pretty tall and I think I'd make a good boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Oops, ignore the last post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5731688.html
    Well that was interesting.:tea:

Well fortunate enough for me, this study doesn't bother me, as I am a good height and I am not a ****hole either, so I am good.:smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    Hey! I'm pretty tall and I think I'd make a good boyfriend.
    Anybody 6 foot 2 and over is a bit tall for me personally. There are plenty of other girls who would date a guy your height though.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was interesting.:tea:

Well fortunate enough for me, this study doesn't bother me, as I am a good height and I am not a ****hole either, so I am good.:smug:
    Then you shouldn't have a problem getting a girlfriend then Good for you.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody 6 foot 2 and over is a bit tall for me personally. There are plenty of other girls who would date a guy your height though.
    Well I wasn't asking in that sense lol, just referencing what you said about tall guys making ****ty bfs when compared to short guys.

However, if I were hitting on you, it's interesting you'd reject me for being too tall. Never had that before. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    6 ft 6 looks fun, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    Well I wasn't asking in that sense lol, just referencing what you said about tall guys making ****ty bfs when compared to short guys.

However, if I were hitting on you, it's interesting you'd reject me for being too tall. Never had that before. :lol:
    I cannot really comment on your personality considering what little I know you as a person so that's kind of a moot point. Self opinions aren't really accurate anyway for obvious reasons.

Yeah, the last guy I dated was 6 foot 4 and he was far too tall to hug/ kiss comfortably without over stretching a few leg muscles. It just didn't feel right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    6 ft 6 looks fun, no?
    Only if I was interested in dating lamp posts

ReputationRep:
    I cannot really comment on your personality considering what little I know you as a person so that's kind of a moot point. Self opinions aren't really accurate anyway for obvious reasons.

Yeah, the last guy I dated was 6 foot 4 and he was far too tall to hug/ kiss comfortably without over stretching a few leg muscles. It just didn't feel right.
    Aside from our great debate on that other thread :awesome: but yeah I see what you mean.

I am 6'3 so, maybe that one inch makes all the difference. I mean you aint even giving a brotha a chance yo! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Only if I was interested in dating lamp posts
    I've always loved lampposts....

I'm joking, I'm 5 ft 2, that would be ridiculous. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Something only which a tall ******* would say.
    What's with unnecessary insults?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.